• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Magnetic knife holder in a RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Off subject, but have you been to the Warther Museum? Amazing wood carvings!

Off subject, but have you been to the Warther Museum? Amazing wood carvings!
Yes, about 3 years ago! Stopped by to purchase a replacement "paring" knife, missing from our set!
Very Interesting, and worth the time to see it!

IMG_20240518_081833.jpg

I like the idea of a magnet strip! But I also like things as they are.

Has anyone mounted one of those magnetic strips to hold your kitchen knives? I'd love to see it and learn how you mounted it. I can only see using an adhesive mount since I have backsplash surrounding my kitchen counter area.
Not sure of your full set up. We have a RoadTrek Zion which has a metal plate for the wall next to the stove. We purchased these magnetic hooks at Harbor Freight and they work great!

My only concern would be that in the event of an accident the knives (and anything else loose that’s heavy or sharp) could become lethal projectiles if not well secured. Maybe use it while camped and put them back in a drawer while on the road?

My only concern would be that in the event of an accident the knives (and anything else loose that’s heavy or sharp) could become lethal projectiles if not well secured. Maybe use it while camped and put them back in a drawer while on the road?
I agree with you Rick and others who said the knives could become dangerous flying objects. Actually, we use the hooks I suggested to hang like pasta spoons or spatulas. Not knives.

Latest resources

Back