• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Making your Whirlpool Washer WORK in your RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve read so many negative things about the whirlpool units. My 15 yr old Splendide unit is still chugging along. We’ve never had a problem with it. Knock on wood.

You're lucky but I'm not, I have a Whirlpool in my coach and I intend to keep it as long as I can make it work. If you can understand the issues and work with the issues then there is no reason to change it out. Switch out a $50 door lock with a $2500 set? And deal with dinging up the coach in the process? I just prefer avoid it. I wish I didn't have this set but I do and I think I can make it continue to work for me.

You're lucky but I'm not, I have a Whirlpool in my coach and I intend to keep it as long as I can make it work. If you can understand the issues and work with the issues then there is no reason to change it out. Switch out a $50 door lock with a $2500 set? And deal with dinging up the coach in the process? I just prefer avoid it. I wish I didn't have this set but I do and I think I can make it continue to work for me.
My DW had 10 years of zero problems with a Splendide in our previous coach. That said she has informed me that any problems with the Whirlpool and it is immediately history. Don’t believe I’ll put up much of an argument.

@Neal What were the symptoms that led to replacing the door switch? My unit is intermittently not going into the high speed spin. Still troubleshooting but a faulty door latch is apparently one of the potential issues. Was the part you replaced the switch or latch? I believe the latch also has some (switch) contacts. Anyone else experienced & solved the no high speed spin issue with a Whirlpool WFC7500VW2 washer?

@Neal What were the symptoms that led to replacing the door switch? My unit is intermittently not going into the high speed spin. Still troubleshooting but a faulty door latch is apparently one of the potential issues. Was the part you replaced the switch or latch? I believe the latch also has some (switch) contacts. Anyone else experienced & solved the no high speed spin issue with a Whirlpool WFC7500VW2 washer?

I personally think the door switch is whether the cycle will even start or not as it's detecting the door lock. If you're not going into high speed spin my guess is there is an imbalance in the load of laundry within. Open the door and redistribute the clothes and also grab the drum and move it around so it finds a new balance then retry the load of laundry. It may also be too much clothes for a small washer. Just my guess.

@Neal Thanks for the reply. Once I read the entire thread I saw where @FL-JOE seems to have had the no fast spin issue resolved by moving away from using PODS. We will give that a try also.

@Neal Thanks for the reply. Once I read the entire thread I saw where @FL-JOE seems to have had the no fast spin issue resolved by moving away from using PODS. We will give that a try also.
I have been using 1 All Free and Clear pod in the washers in both of our motorhomes for 14 years with no issues. My hubby has sensitive skin, and this brand works for him. I always put the pod in the washer before loading the clothes. They always dissolve. Judy

I have been using 1 All Free and Clear pod in the washers in both of our motorhomes for 14 years with no issues. My hubby has sensitive skin, and this brand works for him. I always put the pod in the washer before loading the clothes. They always dissolve. Judy
Thanks for the info.

It was explained to me, I think on another forum, that using pods for such a small capacity washer could sometimes make too much suds and that could effect functions. Not sure if that was good info or not but since we switched to Spendid brand powder we only have the non-spin issue about once every 60 or 80 loads. It rarely happens anymore.

Thanks @FL-JOE . I'll pass the info on to my laundry lady ,oops I mean darling wife. Tried using a sparing amount of liquid vs Tide pod & worked better but the load with towels and some other items did only a short duration high speed spin then spent a lot of time doing a short tumble in each direction then a slow spin. Maybe a load imbalance issue?? Will try only towels and small amount of detergent until we can get some splendid detergent.

Heeeeheeee.....yep, when the rare occasion comes up with the no spin issue it is always now with a load of towels. Good luck. We were ready to have this sucker pulled out and thrown in the dumpster until we switched to powder. Might just get by with it now for a few years!

Latest resources

Back