HR
RV Model
Imperial
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Fiat
Fulltimer
Yes
Hi folks. They say the only stupid question is the one not asked...

I have this spiffy new Max Transit, and I have two antennae on the roof and four antenna outlets. For best results, which should those two antennae and the remaining two paddles be connected to? The Peplink forum doesn't appear to know, and I can't find it spelled out anywhere.

What kind of antennas do you have in the roof? WiFi? Cellular? GPS?

They're a pair of BoatANTs, fairly level gain from 600Mhz to about 2500Mhz. I used them with the original BR-1, one for cellular and one for wifi, and then with Verizon and ATT hotspots for poor-man's mimo. That worked well, far better than just one. Now I have them connected to the Main ports and the paddles are connected to the Aux ports. I just saw 72Mbps here in the boonies near Demopolis, Ala., highest I've seen here.

This is what I'm seeing but I have no idea what I'm looking at.
BandLTE Band 66 (AWS 1700/2100 MHz)
RSSI: -69dBm SINR: 15.2dB RSRP: -99dBm RSRQ: -9.0dB
Secondary Band (SSC1)LTE Band 13 (700 MHz)
RSSI: -71dBm SINR: 0.0dB RSRP: -87dBm RSRQ: -3.0dB

I don’t think you’re going to get much different results by switching different antennas to different ports.

I've confirmed that there's no significant difference. I think it began on the Pepwave forum because the ports aren't specified, just "connect all of them."

Perhaps a stupid question. Looking at your post of the signal details, it appears you have carrier aggregation on 2 bands.
I don't know how far you are from the tower, don't know anything about the topography around you & I don't know which carrier you selected.
I routinely have carrier aggregation of 4 bands from AT&T using just the paddle antennas with the tower about 6 miles away. Don't know if carrier band aggregation will significantly speed up anything, but my understanding is it creates a more stable connection.
Stupid question follows..................... Would the difference in antennas used for the cellular signals (2 paddles & 2 externals) have any impact on carrier aggregation?
The following provides some information relative to LTE signal strength values.

1638213868882.png

I'm about four miles from the Verizon tower at a COE park near Demopolis, Ala. It's the only close Verizon tower. Terrain is fairly flat but of course there's lots of trees between here and there.

My RV is esentially a large aluminum box, so external antennas have proven to be needed. I'd speculate that four external antennas may improve speed, but here my speed is clearly limited by tower congestion. I did see a third band pop up for half a day or so.

At any rate, I'm getting about double the speed I was getting with the Verizon 8800L here at the same place.

Latest resources

Back