Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to get new lenses in my prescription sunglasses. Old lenses were polarized, and I could not see the heads up display on my Mini Cooper with the polarized lenses. My optometrist told me that lots of her patients were moving away from the polarized lenses for the same reason. Considering that my New Aire will have the digital dash, and I have to wear sunglasses driving the RV, I opted for unpolarized.

My sunglasses cause this same issue, iphone, GPS etc are hard to read with polarized glasses. We are considering a mild tint to the front windscreen of the Newmar to control heat and glare. Something like 95 or 90% transparent. We use that in the car to cut down on heat transfer and glare from the sun here in FL. 3M coatings appear to be the best at reducing heat transfer.

I agree. The sun here in Texas is brutal, too.

Yup, comparing the side mounted mirrors, like mine vs the forward mounted mirrors on newer/higher end coaches is hard to explain. On mine (side mounted) I really don't have a blind spot - either I can see a part of the vehicle beside me in the mirror or in front of my coach as they pass me.

When we were at Newmar in June, we spent a lot of time with a technician adjusting the mirrors. You need to get the arms adjusted properly, then the head rotated properly before you can begin to use the electric side-to-side/up-and-down adjustment effectively. It takes a lot of time to get everything just right, and it is a very small window to work with. It is a fine balance between where the arms locate the mirror heads and where the camera sees. We were able to get things right after quite a bit of adjusting.

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back