• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Motorhome not allowed at a truck stop

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It makes me mad when I see a car or a pick up truck parked on a 70’ long truck space, while the car parking spots are empty.
As I said before, some are just born idiots.

I reported the event to TSD Logistics. It was one of their designated fuel stops. If I hear anything from them I will let you know. In the future I will be more inquisitive as to who was requesting us to leave. With the Hydraulic lift on the back of the couch I’m easily 39-40’ in length so I typically have to use a truck lane. Hopefully it was a isolated event. Thanks for all the responses.

Wow - sorry to hear this happened to you. We always try to avoid the busy areas to leave room for the commercial truck drivers. But due to our overall length we won’t fit just anywhere along the edge, I have tried and now just take a real spot (we routinely hang over the length of the semi parking spots at some rest areas).

We routinely do the same thing you just mentioned; stop for fuel, park in a spot away from most trucks, walk the dogs in some grass and finally go inside the store to get carry out food to eat in the coach.

Last fuel stop the only parking spots available were “reserved” spots, but there were dozens open, so I just hoped it would not be a problem since I was only there for 30 min. Luckily we didn’t have an issue.

Now I know, if I receive a similar command to leave, I will be prepared to ask who they are and verify they are authorized to make the request. I don’t want to make waves with truckers, but I need space to be safe too.

Attachments

• E2FDA0BC-085D-46C0-8843-CA682006AB22.jpeg
    E2FDA0BC-085D-46C0-8843-CA682006AB22.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Never had this happen to me. Crazy that some people can be such jerks. If it happens again, I would do as @TJ&LadyDi said. Call for verification.

I'm guessing they were just a couple truckers, and maybe not OTR but maybe local-yokals or local yard monkeys for some close by terminal. Whoever they were you can bet they did not represent that TA station.

This has never happened to us. Now that we are back in a fiver we generally try to plan a fuel stop around our lunch break and will use a back-in space where we fuel. If the truck stop is crazy busy then we go on down the road, but if there are a lot of spots available then I never hesitate to occupy one.

It’s hard to say who they were. They did not identify themselves. There was another RV beside me who had to leave. Again, the place was wide open with more empty spaces than full.

Maybe I should let TSD know about it as well?
What does TSD stand for. Just asking?

What does TSD stand for. Just asking?

Home of the EFS fuel card. They get discounts at truck stops.

I've pretty much quit using mine, got tired of being glared at by truckers in the next lane, plus it was just easier to unhook at my stop for the night and fuel up my dually in whatever town for the same price.

Now that I'm moving on to the Monaco diesel pusher I'll probably have to start using it again.

Thanks

Drove over the road for a while after I retired. Never heard any truck drivers complain about truck stops and fuel line use by RV'ers. Not once.
There have never been signs posted saying no RV allowed either. It would be a first if I did see such a sign. You made no mention of seeing any signs stating that either. What you ran in to was a couple ass hats and you should have gone in to the TA and spoke with the manager right away. Failing to do so leads the 2 ass hats to doing it again to other RV'ers. Don't ask who they are go in and speak with the on duty manager.
Ask them to join you when you go.

On another note. I have heard lots and lots of times, truckers complain about the way a lot of RV'ers drive. I have seen it myself. RV'ers especially class A drivers are care less and reckless going way to fast. I do mean a good 55 to 60 % of them too. They get way to comfortable behind the wheel of that big old BUS!! Yes it is a bus. Just because a posted speed limit is 75 doesn't mean that big rig should be going that fast. It was not and is not designed to do so. Bad driving RV'ers well I could go on about that. As for truck stops and truck drivers telling someone to leave. I have huge doubts. Some ya hoo maybe and ass hat for sure.

I still hold my class A . I fined getting work camp positions in the summer season easy to do and fun as we camp for free or near free while working 3 or 4 days a week and getting 3 or 4 days off each week to explore the area were in. There are hundreds of seasonal drivers wanted for all kinds of things in and around national parks and resort areas. The pocket money goes a long ways and we meet all sorts of folks while working these areas. We enjoy it greatly. Worked in Pisgah National for a short while this late spring early summer. Now were in Pigeon Forge working for Dollywood. They treat us very very well and we meet folks from all over the world. Next year looking at the Bad Lands or Rush More area.
OPS carried away again. DAM IT JIM !!

On another note. I have heard lots and lots of times, truckers complain about the way a lot of RV'ers drive. I have seen it myself. RV'ers especially class A drivers are care less and reckless going way to fast. I do mean a good 55 to 60 % of them too. They get way to comfortable behind the wheel of that big old BUS!! Yes it is a bus. Just because a posted speed limit is 75 doesn't mean that big rig should be going that fast. It was not and is not designed to do so.
Agreed that many drive too fast for the rig. Anything over 65mph in my CanyonStar, the steering gets so light that it is hard to stay in lane, especially when towing or in windy conditions. The more wind the slower I drive within reason.
Heading down I40 in NM a coupe of years ago with 40+ knot cross winds, the CanyonStar was stable at 50-55 mph. The road was littered with over turned semis and other trucks. The CanyonStar surprised me that it was so stable.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back