RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
About 3 weeks ago, I woke up just after midnight to the sound of clawing or scratching near the rear bath. Couldn't tell if it was high or low as it stopped as soon as I made a noise. Last night, same thing (totally different geographical area) and I swear it sounded like something gnawing on wood. This morning I pulled drawers, and searched every area I could access inside and outside, and can't find any evidence of entry or damage inside or out. I'm hoping there isn't a furry critter inside, but if there is, what's the best way to deal with it? Do those ultrasonic repellant things work? I've heard conflicting reports as to whether blue lights under the coach work as a deterrent. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

To me, good old fashion snapping mouse traps are the way to go. It might be disturbing to hear at night but they work.

how about peppermint oil etc that you read about?

how about peppermint oil etc that you read about?
I have a small rat or large mouse that likes to sit right on top of the Cummins while the rv is parked in my backyard. Peppermint oil seems to slow it/them down. Think I need to apply it more often (did it today & will check back).

I just ordered a peppermint oil refillable plug in. Hope this will make it/them leave for greener pastures. As mentioned, I haven't seen any evidence of them on board, just the noise, so I don't know if traps would make a difference.

I also store my MH at home (wooded area) and have had my share of mice in the house, but so far, not in the RV. Possibly because the house is warmer. I have several bait stations on the outside hoping they find those first and about 10 traps in the MH and basement. My hope is that if they get in, they find the traps first.

nuclear explosion GIF

pilot GIF

@Neal taking the rodents out!

I have searched for a refillable plug in? Please do share. The victor ones cannot be refilled according to Victor.

Latest resources

Back