Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MS2812 w/ ME-RC50 version 2.8 and AGS. Where do I put the BMK?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

newmarokie

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
My 2812 has the standard 4 ports in back Stack, Network, Remote, and BTS. Everything I read says the 2812 will charge LiFePO4 batteries acceptably. Version 2.8 does not have a LFP setting, but it does have a CC/CV setting. The AGS is plugged into the network port, The ME-RC is plugged into a splitter in the remote port. There is a second line plugged into the splitter. It looks like an "old school" flat telephone line. It and the ethernet cable for the Rc50 are in the same conduit and go to the floor penetration in the midship bathroom. Does anyone know what this line could go to? Can I put a 3 or 4 head splitter in that spot to accept a BMK? If I upgrade to an ARC50 that wouldn't solve the access point in the inverter/charger. I need some really smart advice. Cheaper would be better, but not required

Your battery manufacturer should have the appropriate specs to input into the controller. The upgrade to the RC 50 is easy and beneficial.
Plug and play. Upgraded the Canyonstar to a RC 50 from the ME RC.

Joe,
My biggest concern right now is how to get the BMK signal into the inverter and to the RC50. I am trying to make sure I have at least most of the groundwork done before I even buy batteries. And by the way, you guys are masters at finding stuff on youtube. I spent about two hours last night searching and never saw that one. Thanks

I just found that you can use a splitter to get into the 2812(in the ME-BMK install manual, whooda thought it?) It also said you can use a phone line as opposed to a ethernet cable. I am almost positive that is not what the one I have is. I can't find a shunt anywhere. Is it not supposed to be no more than eighteen inches from the battery? Maybe to the Newmar screen for a voltage readout? The precision screen for the same? I will have to open the cabinet tomorrow and investigate.

Yes, the ME-BMK uses a phone cord (RJ45 I believe is the correct term). I used a two way splitter on mine but it has to be the right kind, I don't know that all will work, not sure. If you install a ME-BMK you need to pair that with a ME-ARC50, not your RC50 I believe. I am selling mine that is no longer used but otherwise a few links below for you:

Opened up the driver cabinet today. The phone line is attached to the precision panel.

Latest resources

Back