• Commercial/Vendors welcome

My electric bike is here!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you've had a motorcycle before and rode a lot you know that a corner with sand or gravel is a doom about to happen Same on a bicycle, human powered or battery powered. I wore a lid when I rode my motorcycle (even though in FL not required) - only takes one crash, ask Gary Busey.

If you've had a motorcycle before and rode a lot you know that a corner with sand or gravel is a doom about to happen Same on a bicycle, human powered or battery powered. I wore a lid when I rode my motorcycle (even though in FL not required) - only takes one crash, ask Gary Busey.
Believe me when I say, I truly understand the importance of safety equipment/helmets!

1 006.jpg

2 062.jpg

SmallPanoz.jpg

Still didn’t happen Jim…..
Christmas afternoon our family gathered at my Sister-N-Laws house for dinner. Trish took a bunch of food, some of which included mashed potatoes and gravy. She put everything in a picnic basket, including the gravy, which was in a bowl covered only with a small towel. And our camera was also being transported in this same picnic basket.

I was unaware of the method she used when packing the gravy, and she neglected to tell me that I needed to keep the basket completely level or the gravy would spill. So, in what will be remembered forever as the great gravy fiasco of 2021, I started downstairs with the basket in front of me. On an angle of course.

I realized we had a problem when I was halfway down the stairs as there was gravy coming out of the basket, saturating the front of my slacks, and puddling up on the stair treads. And as you can probably surmise, my 2 year old Nikon is now ruined.

As such, the following pics were taken with an aging iPhone 6.

It’s called a “Lectric” bike, manufactured here in America, and sells for a few bucks under $1,000. Weighs in at about 65lbs, folds into almost nothing, but I’ll tell you that folded, it’s a bear to lift. 65lbs feels like 100! It came packaged very well, completely assembled and takes about 15 minutes to remove the packaging and snap into a usable bike. The battery comes partially charged but it took another 4 hours to bring mine up to a full charge. Trish’s had even less charge, and as I just took it out of the box, I figure it’ll take 5-6 hours to bring up to a full charge.

The included LED display provides several sections of info:
  1. Walk Mode, Cruise Control, and Pedal Assist (PAS) level.
  2. Odometer, Trip A, Voltage, Current, and Trip Timer.
  3. Battery level indicator bar.
  4. Maximum and Average Speed
  5. Speedometer in MPH or KM/H.
  6. Light On/Off indicator
  7. Mile and Kilometer indicators

There is also a front and rear light. Max default speed can be set differently for pedal assist and throttle assist speeds. Default is about 20 mph, but can be dialed up to a max of 45. o_O Advertised travel distance differs with the speed being traveled, but ranges from 25 on the low end to 45+ on the high end.

I’ve only ridden mine a few times, and it can be scary fast, for me anyway. Trish hasn’t ridden hers yet as I just got it out of the box today. I will say that there IS a learning curve. It’s not a steep one, but you can get into a scary spot when the power comes on when you’re not expecting it.

So far, I like it a bunch. Hoping for some good weather tomorrow so we can toss them in the truck and go to the park where it’s flat and we can ride them for 30 or 40 minutes.

ebike 1.jpg

ebike 4.jpg

ebike 5.jpg

ebike 2.jpg

Last edited:
oooh, that will fit in my bays perfectly. Radio one to @Neal. Where are those discounts you keep mentioning?

Enter coupon code "Neal" at checkout and hope for the best.

45mph is bananas! Get a helmet for your helmet.

45mph is bananas! Get a helmet for your helmet.
Yeah, I don't know if it would actually go that fast or if that is the highest setting you can select for top end speed. Just because it can be selected doesn't mean it will go that fast. Or that anyone should push the limits of that kind of speed on a flimsily little bike!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back