Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chip!

RVF Newbee
I looked at a 2002 kountry star yesterday. Owner had a couple of strokes and his wife moved him and there stuff back to Michigan from Carolina . Rv was not winterized except for antifreeze in traps. Both water filters are blown apart. I have been a plumber for 30 years, so to me this is fixable. I am assuming that the water heater, pump , ice maker and washer will all need to need replaced. Mileage on it is 37k condition is OK for a 20 year old rv. Has a couple water stains on floor next to the living room slide out. Fridge is missing entire roof cover. Tires are 2021 date code off brand. Motor died on the way to Michigan and repairs were 7k. Current asking is 35k with looks to be in the middle of high and low retail. I am considering a low offer and saving this old girl! Am I nuts? Thanks! Chip

Water stains on floor and missing fridge cover. Water damage is in a different category than plumbing work. I've seen water damage essentially total a rig.

Move on.

keep looking

I looked at a 2002 kountry star yesterday. Current asking is 35k with looks to be in the middle of high and low retail. I am considering a low offer and saving this old girl!
I, as several others on this forum, have bought and restored an older coach. And had I known then, what I known now, I probably would have just bought one that had been well maintained and was in good shape.

Nothing wrong with doing some cosmetics, like changing furniture, carpet, tiles, etc., but when you start dealing with mechanical on a "less than well maintained coach", you're biting off a lot. Believe me, there are a lot of systems on this coach, and they're all real old!

But if you feel that you want to give this man $35K, then you must insist that he put it in pristine condition for you, and all you have to do is get in and drive! But if your going to take the dive and resurrect it, then max offer should be around $15K, maybe even less.

Just my opinion. And you know what that's worth, right? :)

Less then 15K. It is 21 years old.....with sketchy maintenance. Run

Less then 15K. It is 21 years old.....with sketchy maintenance. Run

Well, there you go Chip, even less than $15K! I'm going to have to agree, $15K is probably a gift.

Put on your running shoes!

Thank your lucky stars that you hesitated. Good luck on your search for the right for you coach.

Latest resources

Back