Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hutch

RVF Regular
Hello all, new to the group. Pics are from a 2017 windsport 29M I'm in discussions with about buying from a private seller. I know pics are hard to see anything, videos couldn't load. 1st pic is passenger side. Wall has a rippling effect when running fingers over it. Owner thinks possible water damage but no signs of stains and is not spongey. Same with roof photo. Absolutely no signs of water leaks inside the coach. Not behind cupboards, corners,nothing. Could it be just a glue issue? Is a little play in the rubber roof cover normal? It's only the one spot so I'm doubting it. No rips, cracks anywhere though. If it is water damage or otherwise I'm asking for guesses or experiences on repair costs. Thank you!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230227-082111.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230227-082111.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 13
  • VideoCapture_20230227-082228.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230227-082228.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 13
Hard to tell in the pics

Looks like some kind of delamination... not spongey is a good sign

usually caused by moisture (usually spongey) or possibly poor layup during the laminating schedule causing the wall to delaminate....

I've seen this on RVs that showed no indication of leaks but apparently poor layup of the wall, maybe even air in the layup.. not terribly uncommon

Is it on the exterior wall in the same spot as the interior?

Under a window or exterior joint where there may have been a leak?

Not necessarily a deal breaker if it's still solid..

repair really isn't cost effective unless its under warranty or it's on somebody else's dime....lol

It would be extremely expensive to change out a wall

I see ripples in the roof all the time, some have spongy feel, some don't. Very hard to determine cause without removing, so.......as to the interior, it is just wallpaper and is the same as the roof problem. Lack of spongy feel is not proof of no leak, it might be just a small one and in certain circumstances that don't happen often. I had one with delamination and it was solid and never got worse.

Latest resources

Back