Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jscottsmith

RVF Regular
I've heard that is important to level a trailer because of something to do with the refrigerator. (Maybe there are other reasons as well?)

We will soon be heading from Michigan to Florida. Along the way we will spend the night various places. I was hoping to leave everything hooked up to the truck so we can keep moving faster. Is this a bad idea? Is there anything I need to do to mitigate trouble with the fridge or other components?

Thanks!

Front to back is more important than side to side, trailer wise. You don't mention the age of your trailer but the newer refrigerators are more forgiving than the older ones.

If you're set up pulling the trailer level you'd have to park in a terrible place for it to hurt.

If you've got slideouts you plan on using you definitely need to put some jacks down and get somewhat level.

Thanks. It's a 2013 with a 14 foot superslide that would be out.

If it was me I would purchase a Level Mate. A lot of times you can move back and forth in the site and find a spot that is closer to level. I have one in my Class A and use it a lot to avoid excessive leveling. WE stay at harvest host and great for finding the most level spot to setup
\\LevelMatePRO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back