• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Coach Pics

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@deaton … very nice. As a person thinking of changing from the 4018 floorplan to the 4081 floorplan, I will be interested in your thoughts as to the 4081 floorplan once you start using it.

FLSteve

@FLSteve

The only serious difference between the 4018 and 4081 floor plans is in the two baths.

In the case of the half bath, squaring the toilet against the side wall makes it more accessible and frees up space. The sink is small and they will not allow you to change it out, but I have found that, due to the fact it is to the left as you enter and the door is to the right, the sink is actually easier to access and use. I almost never used the sink in the 4018 half bath.

Cabinet storage is also improved. Finally, they have improved the working of the center mount hinge on the half bath door. It is stronger, more robust and mounted further right so it works better. The door is also squared off versus the aisle and easier to access when the slides are closed.

As to the full bath, the larger, rectangular shower is nice, but it comes at a cost. The overall free space in the bath has been reduced. But with the toilet positioned against the rear wall, you have straight access to the emergency door and the toilet is more comfortable to use. The motion activated flush on both toilets is nice. They decided to install the TP holder INSIDE the cabinet next to the toilet and this is a pain to use. I’m trying to figure out a better location. There is also a wooden box to the right of the toilet, probably necessary to cover something up, but it seems out of place.

The single light panel controlling everything in the master bath has been placed in the left rear corner next to the emergency door. This means you have to enter and cross the whole bath to turn on the lights. Stupid. I showed this to my dealer and he took a picture and promised to take the issue up with Newmar for future production. If you order one of these, you might see if you can get a Special to put a second single button on the wall to the right of the bath entrance (outside) to control the ceiling lights.

With the washer/dryer directly across from the shower, the bath entrance is tight when accessing the W/D. But it’s manageable. We like the separation of the W/D from the toilet.

Medicine cabinet seems larger. Closet has adequate space. But if you are full-timing, get the 4369.

Aside from the bath, we like the extra space next to the bed making it easier to make up the bed. They also fixed the problem up front where the drivers seat could not go back all the way without hitting the slide. This was done in 2018.

Of course at this point, particularly with production shut down, I’m sure you are thinking 2021 and not 2020 for a factory order. If so, you will likely get other good stuff on that year model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@deaton ... great information. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It really helps to get information from the "front line" as they say.

FLSteve

That's funny about you not using the half bath sink, I thought I was the only one. I'm 6'-4" and I told my wife we should just tear out the sink and cabinet. its just easier to use the kitchen sink.

That's funny about you not using the half bath sink, I thought I was the only one. I'm 6'-4" and I told my wife we should just tear out the sink and cabinet. its just easier to use the kitchen sink.

I’m also 6’4” and my goto sink in the 4018 was also the kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back