Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Maddog11capt

RVF Newbee
Hey folks, I'm a new guy here; new to this forum, and I"m about to order a 2022 Newmar Essex. I'd sure appreciate some help from those of you who have experience with the Newmar brand. If you have time, I'd like your help with some questions please:

1. I understand that the Essex has its own TPMS. Do you know if I can integrate the toad's TPMS into the coach's display, i.e., do I have to buy a completely different TPMS system for the toad and have a separate display in the cockpit of the coach for the toad?

2. What is the "bladder" water system? Is it like an accumulator that keeps the water pump from cycling off and on every time you open a faucet?

3. What is the water system "autofill?"

4. Insurance - any recommendations for agents or companies who are familiar with the term "full-timers?"

5. I'm familiar with another MH manufacturer who uses a different hot water heater - not Oasis. On those coaches, they have the option of pre-heating the Cummins on cold mornings with the hot water system's fluid. Is that an option on the Oasis or are you limited to the 110-volt block heater installed on the Cummins?

I sure enjoy this forum; it is a wealth of information.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

ron
A.K.A. Maddog11capt

Hey folks, I'm a new guy here; new to this forum, and I"m about to order a 2022 Newmar Essex. I'd sure appreciate some help from those of you who have experience with the Newmar brand. If you have time, I'd like your help with some questions please:

1. I understand that the Essex has its own TPMS. Do you know if I can integrate the toad's TPMS into the coach's display, i.e., do I have to buy a completely different TPMS system for the toad and have a separate display in the cockpit of the coach for the toad?

Welcome to the forum. My 2020 Dutch Star has the Valor TPMS. You can set up the toad with the system and it will show up on the coach's display.
2. What is the "bladder" water system? Is it like an accumulator that keeps the water pump from cycling off and on every time you open a faucet?

Not sure.... but sound like an accumulator. My DS doesn't have that system.
3. What is the water system "autofill?"
You can use it to fill your fresh water tank. I never use ours unless I get ready to boondock. Hate carrying extra weight when not needed. I usually travel with less than a 30% tank (105 gallon tank in ours)
4. Insurance - any recommendations for agents or companies who are familiar with the term "full-timers?"
We are full timers and highly suggest working though Millers RV Insurance. They are a broker and will find the best deal. Home | Miller RV Insurance
5. I'm familiar with another MH manufacturer who uses a different hot water heater - not Oasis. On those coaches, they have the option of pre-heating the Cummins on cold mornings with the hot water system's fluid. Is that an option on the Oasis or are you limited to the 110-volt block heater installed on the Cummins?
Mine is not set up that way. I believe yours is.....
I sure enjoy this forum; it is a wealth of information.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

ron
A.K.A. Maddog11capt

Noticed some don't keep water in tank, hmm, hope you don't have major accident like we did, lady lost tire, took out left rear corner of previous coach, since we had 2/4rs tank we were able to make it to Freightliner and stretched out 135' hose and was able to keep tank filed. We always carry 50% tank in case emergency. And what about that "unplanned emergency, evacuation from park in middle of night, or whatever? Plus keeps tank sanitized, which is good. Oh well to each their own.

At Freightliner camp school, the instructor advised to travel with water tank full for a better ride. Extra 1200 pounds on the DS is like flea on the elephant’s back. I personally always trying to start the trip with full fresh wate tank, and empty black and gray tanks.
Anything can happen on the road that can leave you stranded for day or more.
Same goes for the fuel. When I see halfway on the gauge, I start looking for fuel.
But that’s me?

Buly, A man after my own heart. If i''m heading home from 250 miles or less, I have tank at 50-70% full. Fill fuel tank when home so can use in case of emergency. Half full on fuel, we fill tank, or if close to end of day, before we get into our overnight location. You never know when something is going to try to get you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back