Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

NW-Dstar

RVF Regular
Chelan WA (most time) Indio CA (sometimes)
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4018
RV Length
40'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 L-9
TOW/TOAD
RAM Rebel 1500
Thanks to a recent Heartland Owners message, I see KIB has new 2020 connection module called: KIB-Net module. The Module allows Bluetooth app control via phone or tablet via the the KIB net app. Looking at the device image seems to indicate connectivity to either legacy V-Net 1.0 or new V-Net 2.0.

Has anyone found a parts source for KIB parts not currently used by Newmar? I attempted to inquire directly w/ KIB but they declined to sell direct to me. I would love to acquire one and see if it could be retrofitted to my 2019 Dutchstar. If all else fails I may inquire via Heartland the RV manufacturer currently shipping this feature.

your post intrigued me a lot. I just called Riverpark/KIB and asked about purchasing this. They informed me that they will not sell this without Newmar's approval, and a Newmar Purchase order. Same as they told you.

I will be at the factory next week, so I will ask about getting them to place the order, but I don't expect to get very far.

You may be on to something about ordering directly from Heartland--that is something else I will explore. I think they are near Newmar?

your post intrigued me a lot. I just called Riverpark/KIB and asked about purchasing this. They informed me that they will not sell this without Newmar's approval, and a Newmar Purchase order. Same as they told you.

I will be at the factory next week, so I will ask about getting them to place the order, but I don't expect to get very far.

You may be on to something about ordering directly from Heartland--that is something else I will explore. I think they are near Newmar?
Yes they are near (Elkhart as I recall) as they came onsite last time I was at factory to debug a programming issue on my coach, unfortunately their fix made my issue worse so I'm really am hesitant to ask for more of their factory support. However the new display upgrade is intriguing, unsure if I can get that upgrade anywhere but when back at mothership in Nappanee.

It would be interesting what you can find out, please keep us posted.

I finally got my Smart RV system integrated with my coach’s KIB system. Now that I have that done, I’ve been working on the Siri & Alexa integration. I can now tell these assistants to open/close the shades, turn on/off lights, etc. This is in addition to the Silverleaf integration what was previous implemented. I’m currently trying to decide whether to stand up a AWS Lambda instance for more refined control.

Of course the effort is never done. I have a long list of features that I still want to implement.

I finally have the DW using the capability too. Instead of her telling me to turn on a light or open a shade, she now tells Alexa to do it. ?

Some of the issues that I’ve seen is the fact that not all KIB commands return a status as to the operations success or failure. The lights work pretty well, but the I’m still working in getting the status for the shades.

I’m curious as to how much Newmar will be selling the Bluetooth capability for.

Very interesting. I what to hear what Ron finds out on his visit to the mothership.

Anything learned or to share from the onsite visit?

Latest resources

Back