RV Year
RV Make
Oliver
RV Model
Legacy Elite 1
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Hi folks,

Just found this forum and as I indicate, I am brand new to RVs, and I mean NEW. I have a crappy job and a small rental and a dog and want to get out and go live mobile and travel and see the country. I know this sounds hokey, but I am at that point in life. I want to do this, but also I don't want to get ripped off or do anything stupid if I can help it!

Hope to "meet" some of you here and get information from your experience. Thanks!

This is my traveling companion.

mr moo.png

Welcome to RVForums @MicaPica. This is a pet friendly site too, keep those cute pics coming :) Welcome aboard and it sounds like you're off to a great decision to see all the great things we're all experiencing in this lifestyle.

Welcome to the forum. You have to start somewhere. This forum is a good place to start.

Welcome to RVForums @MicaPica. This is a pet friendly site too, keep those cute pics coming :) Welcome aboard and it sounds like you're off to a great decision to see all the great things we're all experiencing in this lifestyle.

Thanks! I have tons of cute dog pics. At least, they're cute to me. Heheh.

Thank you Neal! I have NO clue where to even start, there are so many things to learn. I am trying to figure out if I should rent an RV for a few days locally and just see if I can even tow it and handle it, and like the thing etc., or go straight to dealerships and browse and ask questions and take pics. OR, just shop for a gently used smaller Airstream and go for it. I have a bit of a time crunch (also, not getting any younger and anxious to get out of my current place). Any pointers welcome. I am concerned mostly about being ripped off and whether it's better overall to try to find a reputable dealer and shop there (whether for new or used, though most don't seem to even carry Airstreams, for example), or if it's better to try to find a private seller. Both sound scary to a n00B. I would want to get an RV expert inspector to go over anything I bought too, but have no idea what those guys are even called, or where to hire one locally. So many questions! Thank you for the welcome!

Hi @MicaPica and welcome to RVForums. I think you'll have fun once you make a purchase and get to use it. Another of our members, @ARD, bought a monster Class A and hit the road. I think the only instructions she had was the ones they gave her as they shoved her out the door.

And she's doing fine. Well, the last time we heard from her she was going OK. Wait, come to think of it, has anyone heard from Ard in awhile???

BTW, beautiful pup!

Hi @MicaPica and welcome to RVForums. I think you'll have fun once you make a purchase and get to use it. Another of our members, @ARD, bought a monster Class A and hit the road. I think the only instructions she had was the ones they gave her as they shoved her out the door.

And she's doing fine. Well, the last time we heard from her she was going OK. Wait, come to think of it, has anyone heard from Ard in awhile???

Jim, thanks. The thing is, I have never been IN an RV, much less towed one. I am a total, total N00B on all this. I thought if I rented one first (assuming a renting person would even rent it to me) for a few days, and just pulled into whatever local campground and tried to hook it up and all that (?), it would be a good test to see how I took to it all or did I completely spazz out and hate it or what? Ya know? Ack!

BTW, beautiful pup!

Don't encourage me! He is my baby. 2.5 year old English Lab. Had a choco Lab (female) before him, lived to 16.5, was a therapy dog. Before her, a Yellow Lab female. I see a pattern! Ha!

Welcome aboard, MicaPica. Gabe says Hi.

93393B3C-9378-4432-B1E5-91BE9F068764.jpeg

Latest resources

Back