• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New Newmar Owner

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes, Bird system. I have 2 group 31 "starting "batteries and 4 - 6 volt 2GC golf cart "House" batteries wire in series for 12 volts.
If you are referring to the 2 components to the right of the picture below, (CLS-45) those are not inverters, they are "converters" that only charger your house batteries. Not sure yet if they charge the starting batteries. I have no inverter. Found out that in my year Dutch Star and I believe Mountain Aire, IF it had a inverter, it was installed in the bay next to the batteries..
transfer switchn.jpg

Yup, you're right - Converters. So one is probably wired to a charger somewhere and is responsible for charging both banks (only 750W though). Measure from ground to the top lug on the Big relay. If the charger is running you should measure 13.3+V, then measure the bottom lug, if it is the same V, the BIRD is working. So both banks are being charged.
Yes, my converter/inverter/charger is in the bay just in front of my batteries.
Looking at the above pic, looks like you need some heavy heat shrink to repair the shore power cord. Maybe you were in the process?
Oh, do you realize all those breakers to the right of the BIRD are resettable? A few of my problems were solved by checking the top of each of them (my cord reel for one).
Take a close up pic of all those labels for future.

I sincerely appreciate all of your replies. I learned much from them. I left home (and the RV) to travel to work. I work on an drillship that is currently in Las Palmas on its way to Senegal Africa.

I had my son send some pics and this is what I have:
IOTA DLS-45, Electrical Management Systems (surge protector), Power Switch Automatic Transfer Switch, BIRD.

Latest resources

Back