Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Suzi

RVF Newbee
Just want to say Hi and we are so excited to start on this new adventure!
Selling our house in May and gonna be free birds for awhile...Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated!

One of the most important things with RVs/campers. Make sure all cabinets and drawers are closed and latched properly! :) Make sure you take a one last walk around the RV before pulling out to make sure all outer connections are disconnected, doors are closed, locked, and items are put away properly. Antenna is down, awning is closed, and you have all of your hot dog forks, sewer hose, hose water pressure regulator, level blocks, etc. Happy camping!

Selling our house in May and gonna be free birds for awhile...Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated!
I have a few tips we've learned with our 2021 Zion Slumber:
  1. Don't let the coach batteries drain to zero, including during storage. Assuming you have lithium coach batteries, there is an AGM battery that will not like it if you drain it dead. The lithiums should be fine b/c they have a battery management system that protects them from draining too low; the AGM does not. If you do, you may end up damaging the AGM and you will have a tricky time getting the coach re-charged b/c the Firefly control panel is powered by the AGM. See this thread, if needed.
  2. Don't leave the roof vent shade closed during driving ever. Even with the roof vent closed, there can be enough air pressure difference generated while driving that the shade gets pulled up and mangled.
  3. I recommend drafting your own owner's instructions. I was not satisfied by the documentation provided by Roadtrek. The attached document was very helpful to me for getting a better understanding of how the electrical system works. Hope it helps you!

Attachments

• Electrical System Notes.pdf
    9.3 MB · Views: 65
Hi, I'm doing the same thing! Just a little behind you in timing. I made a prestart checklist just like the airline pilots have so i don't mess up! And pretty much every time i forget to use it, I miss something. So far nothing vital fortunately....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest resources

Back