• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New RV park builder

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Having been full time now for awhile, and traveling in two different combination of rigs, I'll give you my wants for the perfect campground.

When we were in our 43' pusher pulling a long enclosed trailer we only targeted parks with 100' pull through spots. We stayed in many without such sites and used back-in spots, however they had places we could easily drop our trailer, like a large open lot. With our current 44' fiver we really don't care if the site is a pull through or back in as long as it is actually big enough and I don't have to cut across mud to get into it.

Sites have to be as close to level as possible. Along with that there needs to be two sewer drops and they need to be the exact same level as the pad. We have visited several parks where the sewer drop was actually a little higher than the pad. One night at a park like that and we never returned.

Work campers and other RVers make the best office workers. They will understand your customers better and relate better. We use a wonderful county park up north about every summer on a local river. It is an inexpensive great little place but they insist on hiring local retired non-RV office help. They are impatient and rude, being there just for the part time gig.

The other requirements we look for in a good park are the obvious ones that have already been mentioned, like good working hook-ups, etc.

An understanding and forgiving money refund policy is also a huge plus. If someone makes a reservation and has an issue on the road don't be money hungry and keep all or part of their money. If a customer lets you know by 6pm or so that they can't make it then refund their deposit or funds in full and ask them to consider you next time.
This is good stuff! Thank you!

Well it’s been a whole year since we began this journey! The cost of materials have increased significantly over the past year and continued to increase during our build so we exceeded our budget multiple times, probably not the best year to build but we finally have a RV park taking shape. We don’t have all the amenities up and running yet but we do have full hookups ready to start accepting reservations! Check out our website www.theescapesrvpark.com and our Facebook page.

Hello, my business partner and I are building a new RV park! We are excited in this new adventure and are looking to set ourselves apart from other parks, maybe offer something different. We would like to hear from new and experienced RV owners on your likes and dislikes on the parks you’ve stayed at, what are some amenities you look for or something new you would like to see offered during your short or long term stays? Any information will be a huge help! Thank you for your participation!
How many sites? 30 and 50 amp ? Sewer and water? Bathrooms and showers? Laundry mat? Small clubhouse ? My wife and I have managed a 16 site rv park with in a mobile home park and though we had very few monthly sites we would book traveling work crews and bump the overnight spaces into an outrageous 2week rate.. we were making hella $$ but also had good amenities !!

Hello, my business partner and I are building a new RV park! We are excited in this new adventure and are looking to set ourselves apart from other parks, maybe offer something different. We would like to hear from new and experienced RV owners on your likes and dislikes on the parks you’ve stayed at, what are some amenities you look for or something new you would like to see offered during your short or long term stays? Any information will be a huge help! Thank you for your participation!
And don’t forget the dumpster. Needs to be centrally located and have enough volume for the number of pads you have. Park we have been full timing in has large dumpsters that are emptied on Mondays. By Saturday morning they are overflowing!!!

Latest resources

Back