• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI New Starlink Offerings

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We ordered the Mobile Regional although I’m not sure what “regional“ really means. I’m hoping the region is the lower 48 or so. Maybe even Canada and Alaska? That would be nice but probably hoping for too much. I couldn’t find “region” defined in their literature.

Edit: I just found this on Mobile Internet for RV & Boats - Unbiased News, Guidance & Education - “home continent” sounds like an acceptable region:
  • Regional - $150/mo for unlimited land-based use on your home continent.
Think I read continent

It appears that the Starlink outage happened at the same time cruise missiles were en-route to Russian Naval base. Ukrainians hit a landing ship and sub that were in dry dock.
Missiles were European sourced. StormShadow??My guess is the DOD nor Musk wanted to be seen supporting this attack and cut the Starlink feed.
attack succeeded without Starlink.

Yeah, I saw on social media a worldwide outage, curious if they got attacked in someway. Certainly a vulnerability of this type of service.
This was being discussed yesterday morning at the Mothership. Quite a few Starlink antennas in the camping area.

What I overheard was there were solar flares that could have taken out the satellites if not protected.

Sounds like they have something to shield them when this happens but the end result of protecting them is the loss of service.

Could be incorrect info but what I heard, attacked but from the sun and not bad actors.

Does sound like it was good information that I overheard.

Do not want to go too far down this rabbit hole but here is the type of comments i am finding. The timing of Starlink going down at my home is in line with this attack and shut down. However our service did come back in less than an hour. Ukrainian Starlink service in the South was down for an hour.

This, along with comments from Musk himself, indicates that some disruption of service was due to this strike

NEW: Looks like Elon Musk’s Starlink went out during yet another critical Ukraine offensive against the Russian Navy last night. The cruise missiles (not reliant on Starlink) hit their targets. But the drones - which rely on Starlink - were destroyed by the Russian military.

My outage was about 20 minutes! No big deal!!!

While talking about starlink, I have paused mine starting on the 17th. With all that has been going on, I need a breather! That leaves me with a flip phone!!! Yup a flip phone! No internet and soon to be talking to myself because being disconnected and going back to the days I found my most joy.

The EAS charted for the 4th of October, has been rumored to be nefarious, with recommendations to turn all those great distractions off.

Anyhow when I am gone you will know why.

I need to beat this sickly horse a bit. We are looking at purchasing starlink. I have a list of questions for the folks the are users,

1) If you are a longer time user, how much has the plan changed?
2) Which plan are you using and why?
3) Which antenna?
4) Does anybody have both antennas for different situations?
5) What is the average quality of the standard data?
We are thinking the standard antenna and the mobile plan. If we primarily use starlink after we arrive at a campsite it will take a load off of the hotspot.

Latest resources

Back