Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Starlink is now offering new service plans for both fixed and mobile users!

New Priority Plans
Starlink Priority plans are best for businesses and other high demand users at one location. Now starting at $250/mo, these plans include faster download and upload speeds, including during times of peak usage, priority customer support, and a public IP address. After Priority data is exhausted, the plans include unlimited Standard data. Order now at starlink.com/business.

New Mobile Priority Plans
Starlink Mobile Priority plans provide high-speed internet while in motion around the world, whether on land or the ocean. Plans start at $250/mo for 50 GB of Mobile Priority data, which enables our fastest network speeds. After using all Mobile Priority data, the plan includes unlimited Standard data on land. Order now at either starlink.com/mobility or starlink.com/maritime. Note: Use of Starlink in motion, on land, and in territorial waters around the world is subject to local government approval.

See our
FAQs for more details.

sl.jpg

We ordered the Mobile Regional although I’m not sure what “regional“ really means. I’m hoping the region is the lower 48 or so. Maybe even Canada and Alaska? That would be nice but probably hoping for too much. I couldn’t find “region” defined in their literature.

Edit: I just found this on Mobile Internet for RV & Boats - Unbiased News, Guidance & Education - “home continent” sounds like an acceptable region:
  • Regional - $150/mo for unlimited land-based use on your home continent.

I received a similar email from Starlink yesterday.... significantly different prices though.

Starlink is now offering new service plans for both fixed and mobile users!

New Priority Plans

Starlink Priority plans are best for businesses and other high demand users at one location. Now starting at $320/mo, these plans include faster download and upload speeds, including during times of peak usage, priority customer support, and a public IP address. After Priority data is exhausted, the plans include unlimited Standard data. Order now at starlink.com/business.

New Mobile Priority Plans

Starlink Mobile Priority plans provide high-speed internet while in motion around the world, whether on land or the ocean. Plans start at $329/mo for 50 GB of Mobile Priority data, which enables our fastest network speeds. After using all Mobile Priority data, the plan includes unlimited Standard data on land. Order now at either starlink.com/mobility or starlink.com/maritime. Note: Use of Starlink in motion, on land, and in territorial waters around the world is subject to local government approval.

See our FAQs for more details.
887x1024.jpg

Just out of curiosity, for you existing starlink users, do your rates go up when they do this too, or does it just affect new customers?

Starlink agreements are month to month. Prices have changed on my residential plan whenever price of the Program changes. Usually the next billing cycle or two.

Starlink agreements are month to month. Prices have changed on my residential plan whenever price of the Program changes. Usually the next billing cycle or two.
that’s not exactly comforting

I had signed up for the Beta for my area (Birch Bay Wa) but never did follow through. Ever since, I get an email about once a month with some type of offer. In April, it was hardware for $199 vs the regular cost of $599. This week it was the high priority package for $329 and $759 for hardware when another who posted here received a similar email offering the same package at $250 and $599 for hardware. I suspect their pricing strategy and subsequent policy is derived from a highly complex algorithm based on what Elon has for breakfast everyday!

that’s not exactly comforting
Tell me about it!

When we first started using Starlink Business, it was unlimited data. Then it went to 1TB per month with option to buy more "priority" data at $50 a gig if you went over the limit. But you got free data between 1:00AM and 5:00AM. Now they dropped the free data and it's ALL priority data.

It's still the best game in town, but damn, I never know what's coming next.

Yesterday evening, we lost both the park Starlink and the RV Starlink at home. I see today that Starlink admits there was an outage, but it has been remedied. No mention of what it was that caused the outage though.

Yeah, I saw on social media a worldwide outage, curious if they got attacked in someway. Certainly a vulnerability of this type of service.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back