Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
Finally got my storage cover. I ordered November 2019 and they said it would be 5 weeks. 14 weeks later I got. They showed up at 6pm and finished 8pm using head mounted lights and truck lights. 3 guys working together like a well oiled machine. I had more fun watching the choreographed building process.
13D2275B-F9A7-47B7-AC55-E5756F6F78BC.jpeg

That's nice @BGMAC. I know you feel better now knowing your baby is out of the elements. I got some bids on having a 40'X12 awhile back but we just couldn't come to terms on the price.

If I can find some time, I think I'll build one myself. I've got a sawmill here onsite, and with 50 acres of trees I can supply all of the lumber except for the paneling. Key here is "finding the time." :)

This one is 18'X36' 14' high. I could have lowered it to 12' just find and 12' wide and be much cheaper, but of course I will be putting my tractor in it as well. The was around $2700 installed.
Carolina Carports..

This one is 18'X36' 14' high. I could have lowered it to 12' just find and 12' wide and be much cheaper, but of course I will be putting my tractor in it as well. The was around $2700 installed.
Carolina Carports..
I can live with $2,700. The company I was dealing with out here wanted $4K and I had to pay for whatever permits were necessary.

I can live with $2,700. The company I was dealing with out here wanted $4K and I had to pay for whatever permits were necessary.
Living in Southern TN out in the middle of nowhere we we have no permits for anything except septic ($50) and power ($50). :)

Well you got a heck of a deal brother. I just got off the phone with them and I'm being quoted $3,277.00 and that's only 12' wide instead of 18' wide. Guess I'm back to building my own.

I didn’t think about till now, but mine is the max length for this design. 36ft. Any longer the panels have to go up and down instead of lengthwise. This requires additional framing as well. Seeing your RV is 40ft, I can understand the difference. Still with time and materials $3277 is not bad.

I didn’t think about till now, but mine is the max length for this design. 36ft. Any longer the panels have to go up and down instead of lengthwise. This requires additional framing as well. Seeing your RV is 40ft, I can understand the difference. Still with time and materials $3277 is not bad.
No, $3,277 isn't bad, but it's still almost $600 more than what they quoted you. Just for the record, I had them price a 38' x 12' x14' high, so being 6' more narrow, I was expecting it to be a little less.

Now don't get me wrong, $3,277 isn't a bad price. But I'm much more charming and good looking than you, so I figured that would play into things as well. :) Oh well, it-is-what-it-is I guess.

No, $3,277 isn't bad, but it's still almost $600 more than what they quoted you. Just for the record, I had them price a 38' x 12' x14' high, so being 6' more narrow, I was expecting it to be a little less.

Now don't get me wrong, $3,277 isn't a bad price. But I'm much more charming and good looking than you, so I figured that would play into things as well. :) Oh well, it-is-what-it-is I guess.
Yes, I think the magic length is 36ft. Ever thought of 2 20ft end to end? Thinking out of the box. :). Guess you found out charm and good looks isn’t everything. :). LOL.

I had "Carport Central" build an install my RV port. It is 18'x40'x12', vertical roof, with one panel sides. They did a great job, & took a crew of 3 about 5 hours "start to finish"! It was like 4788 total with tax, etc. Certified to 140 mph winds. Attached is a link, that I think will take you to the "build your own", which I did. But you can go to www.carportcentral.com and see the entire line of available products Metal Buildings | Steel Building Prices | Garage Structures Estimator.

Latest resources

Back