• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Tiffin 2021 Pandemic 33AA

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
HH - backed up the truck to the Red this morning and stood there for a moment looking at what I had and the one slide tray and asking myself “what am I going to leave sitting in the driveway”? Surprisingly, I got everything loaded except the Weber grill cart. Just no where to put it that won’t affect the slide tray moving back and forth. I did use two large clear containers on the right side as it had just enough clearance and smaller containers that allowed some vertical storage. Fortunately, I did not find any screws protruding on the slide tray to hurt myself on (I’m prone to doing dumb things, sometimes ?. Maybe tomorrow off to the scales and see where I am and then tweak tire pressure before I put my tire monitors on. Then, off to the coast for a couple of days for a shakedown trip.

HH - backed up the truck to the Red this morning and stood there for a moment looking at what I had and the one slide tray and asking myself “what am I going to leave sitting in the driveway”? Surprisingly, I got everything loaded except the Weber grill cart. Just no where to put it that won’t affect the slide tray moving back and forth. I did use two large clear containers on the right side as it had just enough clearance and smaller containers that allowed some vertical storage. Fortunately, I did not find any screws protruding on the slide tray to hurt myself on (I’m prone to doing dumb things, sometimes ?. Maybe tomorrow off to the scales and see where I am and then tweak tire pressure before I put my tire monitors on. Then, off to the coast for a couple of days for a shakedown trip.
HD: Sounds like you made out pretty good. You could always stick the Webber Grill Cart in the back of the jeep. I don't even store my tow bar in the motor-home any more. When I tow it's hooked up and stays hooked up until I get home. When at home I just store it in the garage.

Let me know what your coach weighs fully loaded, front axle, rear axle. I have the new built in TPMS system. I had to have a sensor re flashed because it was throwing error codes. Freight Liner fixed the problem and set my tire pressure at 105 PSI. I still think that's high for our size tires and weight. I don't know what the highs and lows are on my system. Even though the coach rides pretty good at the 105 PSI.

Good luck on your shake down trip.

Jim P.

What size Jack Pads fit the new 33aa?
I presume you mean Snap Pads. The 2021 Tiffin 33 AA has different size Jack base plates on the front and the back. So the back Snap Pads are much bigger than the fronts. The code on the Snap Pad box of mine says ( HIPLSP4 / 2C2E ) .

As a FYI, the rear pads when installed and retracted completely, hit the frame a bit on one side. So the pad is canted a bit. This is not a problem when descending or retracting the jacks. The bottom plate on the jack swivels a bit to adjust for uneven services.

HH

The other option is product called “Hush Pads” basically a larger form factor of recycled tires 1 1/2“ thick that you have to place under the jack pads. Benefit is a larger footprint for weight distribution, especially on soft areas, or asphalt in the hot summer. Disadvantage is that you have to get down to see the placement to meet the jack foot. Pros and cons of each.

Took off Wednsedayand made a run to the coast for a couple of days for a shakedown trip. Pretty,easedwith how the u it did. Did not have chance to hit weigh station, but had tire pressure at 92 psi. Coach ride and handled well. We did mountain passes, some freeway, windy, rolly secondary roads, and long 6% grades. It was a pleasure to drive and ride in. Never got tired, no butt soreness or knots between the shoulder blades! Traveled 570 miles and averaged just under 10 mpg. Very pleased with the u it. Couple of minor things I’m going back to the dealer on, Monday, but should be simple to fix. Can’t believe I did not go this route to start with.

Took off Wednsedayand made a run to the coast for a couple of days for a shakedown trip. Pretty,easedwith how the u it did. Did not have chance to hit weigh station, but had tire pressure at 92 psi. Coach ride and handled well. We did mountain passes, some freeway, windy, rolly secondary roads, and long 6% grades. It was a pleasure to drive and ride in. Never got tired, no butt soreness or knots between the shoulder blades! Traveled 570 miles and averaged just under 10 mpg. Very pleased with the u it. Couple of minor things I’m going back to the dealer on, Monday, but should be simple to fix. Can’t believe I did not go this route to start with.
Yep their is a big difference in the ride characteristics of the 33AA compared to the 32SA. Glad everything went well for you. My coach is back at dealer for some warranty work. Solar panel wire not connected behind panel with remote controller. Refrigerator bracket behind fridge broke or came loose, and a couple of other things that popped up on my 6 day shakedown cruse.

I think 85 to 90 PSI rear, and 90 to 95 PSI fronts would be about optimal for the 33AA. But without weighing the coach it would be just guessing. Mine are set to 105 PSI, Freightiner set them at that PSI when they re-flashed my TPMS sensor.

You are getting great gas mileage. Pulling my Jeep 4door Sahara, around 4700 lbs, I am averaging between 7 and 8 miles per gallon so far.

Here in the Northeast the leaves are changing and the cold will be hitting soon. I want to take the coach one or two more times before winter storage. Don't know if I will make it though.

HH

Latest resources

Back