Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New to Fleetwood and RVing, I just purchased a Bounder 2017. 3 days later the steps stopped deploying when the power was switched on. Any ideas?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mike’sRV

RVF Newbee
New to Fkeerwood and RV’ing. I just purchased a 2017 Bounder. 3 days later the steps failed to deploy. Any ideas how to diagnose the problem?

Do you have a step switch near in your main house controls panel? Some coaches will have a switch that cuts power to the steps which is intended to be used to prevent them from being able to deploy in transit or for when the coach is in storage.

Welcome from Texas

Welcome from Georgia!

There are at least a couple of step manufacturers. Without knowing which one you have, we cannot help. There is one brand that has been notorious in your particular symptom. Kwikee.

In the green bar at the top of this forum, there are several sections. One is "resources". In there, resides a link to some good information, including some Kwikee diagnostics. I've included the link here: Kwikee Step diagnostics video

New to Fkeerwood and RV’ing. I just purchased a 2017 Bounder. 3 days later the steps failed to deploy. Any ideas how to diagnose the problem?

Hi Mike, my name is John. I, too, recently purchased a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder. I hope you resolved your stair question you posted back in August. I have a question for you. Does the refrig. have a plug that accessible? I do not have 30 amp service connected to my house yet, but I am trying to operating the refrig to winterize it by plugging it into a 120 cord for the time being. Is that possible?

Hi Mike, my name is John. I, too, recently purchased a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder. I hope you resolved your stair question you posted back in August. I have a question for you. Does the refrig. have a plug that accessible? I do not have 30 amp service connected to my house yet, but I am trying to operating the refrig to winterize it by plugging it into a 120 cord for the time being. Is that possible?

Just pick up a 30 a to 115 plug adaptor. You can get them almost anywhere and plug it into an extension cord to the house. You can run the fridge, batt charger and any lights and so on.

Yep. I have the full set to do just that. Just don't run anything too heavy or you'll trip your house breaker.

Latest resources

Back