New to RV travel trailers ..... HELP!!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi Everyone
We have changed our tow vehicle .....thanks in part to your advise.
We are no longer going to tow with the FJ.
We are in the process of picking up a 2017 Porsche Cayenne. GVWR 6195 , tow cap 7716 , tongue cap 772
We will likely stick to our initial plans of 3000 to 3300 lbs TT
we are also taking into consideration air flow but airstream is way out of our budget.
any recommendations?
Is aluminum / azdel construction worth the price over stick and tin construction ?
Is delamination very common?

Thanks
Mind me asking why you are going from one small suv type to an even maybe smaller? If you want to keep a suv in the stable for double duty I would look to a Expedition. I just would not put much more than a wave runner behind those to be honest.

Plus, I bet you get the bug for camping and if so, you will certainly increase that TT size maybe even. 5’er. A Porsche Cayenne will not be the ticket and while I have no idea to cost, never would buy one myself, I bet they are more than a 250 or 350 SD for sure.

Just MHO on the matter.

HI All
As our name and title suggest we are new to this and have not purchased a travel trailer yet. Would love some advice. We have a Toyota FJ Cruiser that tows 5000 lbs. We are a family of 3. Our little one is almost nine months and we live in Canada. We are looking into an entry level travel trailer. We have been looking at the Forest river Salem/ wildwood 178 and 179. Jayco Jay Flight 174 and 183.
Are there any other make and models we might consider? Are there any manufacturers that we should stay away from? Any other considerations we should think about? I know these are very broad questions and would appreciate any and all advice you may have.

Thanx,
We have a Forest River Wolf Pup 16PF. It is just under 4k, it it will sleep 4, the dining room bed would be a good baby bed with a bunk bed rail slide under the cushions. We haul it behind our 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland and it does great.

Attachments

• 20210607_153313.jpg
    20210607_153313.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210607_202511.jpg
    20210607_202511.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210616-093518_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-093518_Google.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest resources