RV Length
37 or 38 not sure
Chassis
Class A
Engine
Chevy workhorse. 8.1L engine
Fulltimer
No
Good morning. I am brand new to RVing. I saw a 2003 model Allegro Bay with 58k miles for sale. What is the price range I should be offering in purchasing a vehicle of this age ? What should I watch out for ? I test drove the vehicle and it is very smooth. I need to replace the backup camera as it is quiet old and is in black and white. Where can I get replacement electronics and accessories ? Thanks a lot

Welcome. I recommend using sites like RV Trader.com to check prices. You can enter the make, model and year to get an idea on prices nationwide. You can hire a centerfield RV inspector to check the coach. Just know a unit of this age will come with some repairs and will need some up grades. Good luck.

Heres a quick example:
As John suggested, custom searches on rvtrader and RVT.com will be more helpful. If you are serious about it an inspection is a good idea. Beyond that to get a good idea in the value there is a lot more information needed. Model, options, dealer or private seller, tire condition, repairs needed, etc.

On the back up cam, ghere are so many options, it comes down to price range, what will fit, and what you want out of it. If you have a 2-din slot in your dash for your radio, something like this would do it all:

Also look at crutchfield for electronics.

Alpine INE-W970HD

Nav, Carplay, Back up cam etc. So many options today, so yes, the old BW back up cam is more of a nostalgic curiosity than a useful tool, however the existing camera(s) will need to be replaced as well.

As with the coach, its all about the research.

Just remember your proposed unit is 19 years old. You may have to put some big bucks into it. You all ready said you need a rear camera. How old are the tires, after 5 years old should be replaced, that's thousands. You also have to check the slides, roof, leveling system, AC's, heat pumps, electrical systems. How old are the batteries? Your engine and tranny? Does the previous owner have service records? Last but not least have a professional check the coach out for you. It could save you thousands of dollars.

Sometimes what seems like a bargain is a money pit. Replacement items are non existent from Tiffin with a coach of this age. You are NEW to this. Take your time and look around. I know coaches are scarce, but you will learn a lot on this forum and others.

HH

Good morning. I am brand new to RVing. I saw a 2003 model Allegro Bay with 58k miles for sale. What is the price range I should be offering in purchasing a vehicle of this age ? What should I watch out for ? I test drove the vehicle and it is very smooth. I need to replace the backup camera as it is quiet old and is in black and white. Where can I get replacement electronics and accessories ? Thanks a lot
If you have some model info, I could help with a value. There are 39 models listed for 2003. The engine model makes a
difference as well.
Thank you,
Ken

Welcome. I recommend using sites like RV Trader.com to check prices. You can enter the make, model and year to get an idea on prices nationwide. You can hire a centerfield RV inspector to check the coach. Just know a unit of this age will come with some repairs and will need some up grades. Good luck.
Thank you . Will check it out.

Heres a quick example:
As John suggested, custom searches on rvtrader and RVT.com will be more helpful. If you are serious about it an inspection is a good idea. Beyond that to get a good idea in the value there is a lot more information needed. Model, options, dealer or private seller, tire condition, repairs needed, etc.

On the back up cam, ghere are so many options, it comes down to price range, what will fit, and what you want out of it. If you have a 2-din slot in your dash for your radio, something like this would do it all:

Also look at crutchfield for electronics.

Alpine INE-W970HD

Nav, Carplay, Back up cam etc. So many options today, so yes, the old BW back up cam is more of a nostalgic curiosity than a useful tool, however the existing camera(s) will need to be replaced as well.

As with the coach, its all about the research.
Much appreciated for all the information. For the backup camera will the above camera fit the existing slot at the back of the allegro ?

Just remember your proposed unit is 19 years old. You may have to put some big bucks into it. You all ready said you need a rear camera. How old are the tires, after 5 years old should be replaced, that's thousands. You also have to check the slides, roof, leveling system, AC's, heat pumps, electrical systems. How old are the batteries? Your engine and tranny? Does the previous owner have service records? Last but not least have a professional check the coach out for you. It could save you thousands of dollars.

Sometimes what seems like a bargain is a money pit. Replacement items are non existent from Tiffin with a coach of this age. You are NEW to this. Take your time and look around. I know coaches are scarce, but you will learn a lot on this forum and others.

HH
Thank you . Lots of useful information to check. Much appreciated.

I am still guessing a bit but going with 35DB. The Vortex in the notes would mean Ford so that helps pinpoint. According to NADA, the value called Used Retail is $30,605. There is not any allowance plus or minus for mileage on this one. Also nothing like any changes in value for condition. The generator is not standard but I added for it to get to the earlier price.
NADA we subscribe to is updated 4 times a year so values are very close. Anything like market conditions are factored in.
Let me know if we can help.
Ken

Latest resources

Back