Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New to RVing - Tell me About Good Sam ??

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVTravelForever

RVF Newbee
I have been to a few campgrounds and they ask me about Good Sam? I have done a little research on it and I am just curious if it is worth it and if anyone has thoughts on whether I should get it or not? Thanks :)

Have used it for a couple of months where accepted. Usually I get a discount ($5.00 - $15.00) per night depending on location. Each park sets the discount at there discretion. Some only offer discount on week days.

Good Sam does offer several good benefits like travel insurance, trip medical insurance, roadside etc.

Never used it but do use the RV.net forum for Rving information. Don't use private campgrounds, boondock or use state/national campgrounds (rarely).

We have Good Sam for the last 2 years. In our first year it saved us $250 in campground fees. Last year it only saved us $90.

The first year we got insurance through Good Sam and, as new full timers, we found their insurance to be the best value for our set of criteria. 2nd year was comparable. This year dropped their insurance as we found a better value elsewhere. But will requote again next year.

Last edited:
On and off.

Stopped at Gander Mountain to buy a vent fan, the good sam discount would pay for itself so I renewed.
Place we used to stop at in Valdosta for a night or 2 was a Camping World campground then. They'd ask me if I was Good Sam, I'd say I think I'm expired, they'd say Well renew for $25 and you can stay for free.

Good Sam gives you $0.05 off per gallon of gas at Pilot/Flying J. I use it all of the time.

I've done Good Sam just for the parts discount at Camping World. This has saved me far more money than the fee to join Good Sam.

Rick

I have been to a few campgrounds and they ask me about Good Sam? I have done a little research on it and I am just curious if it is worth it and if anyone has thoughts on whether I should get it or not? Thanks :)
We had nothing but issues with Good Sam's. I ordered a few things online, only to have 1 item show up. Apparently they canceled my orders.. Took several phone calls and a couple of months to to get my orders. I will never order from them again. They are even worse on their warranty service. Have heard of people left stranded on the side of the road for hours.

What about the FMCA group? I've heard they offer a lot of discounts,memberships, clubs,insurance and campground discounts.

I’ll probably join before we start doing longer trips. For camping locally, it’s not worth much. I do have insurance on out trailer on the same policy as our cars.

Latest resources

Back