Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New to site, anyone have Coachman RV advise to share?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GetOutside

RVF Regular
New to this site. We've had Truck campers for years (currently a 2011 Artic Fox990 4 season with a 2007 Sierra Classic Dually w/ a flatbed). Gal got her 2nd new knee for her 73rd birthday gift, and now looking for a small class C AWD Motorcoach with easier access. Very close to pulling the trigger on a Coachman Crosstrail 20XG Extreme (Lifted).
We do a LOT of 4 season camping, Winters in the Rockies on the IKON ski tour. Anyone have any thoughts / experience with Coachman, and this Crosstrail in particular. I'm a bit nervous of the Build quality of the unit / and support from Forest River. ( Northwoods Mfg w/ the Artic Fox has been excellent)... Thanx in advance for any advice...

Welcome to the group, I’m sure we have some Crosstrail owners on the forum. Enjoy your search.

Well we bought a used '17 Leprechaun and love it. What really minor issues we had Coachmen took care of them at the Annual Rally. JMO but I think Coachmen is great. Our previous MH from another brand had issues from the start and the company left it to us to fix at our cost.

Well we bought a used '17 Leprechaun and love it. What really minor issues we had Coachmen took care of them at the Annual Rally. JMO but I think Coachmen is great. Our previous MH from another brand had issues from the start and the company left it to us to fix at our cost.
Thanx for the Input. Incredible timing, I'm literally waiting for the final invoice to be emailed to get a cashiers check! Where (geographically) are these rallys held?

Thanx for the Input. Incredible timing, I'm literally waiting for the final invoice to be emailed to get a cashiers check! Where (geographically) are these rallys held?
They Company Rally is held in Goshen Indiana usually around the last week in June that's where you can get the Company Techs to fix your issues. If they can't fix at the Rally then they may schedule an appt for you to bring to the factory. . You can go out to Coachmens Owners Assoc. web site and join it's free. There you can find all the events for Coachmen Owners around the Country. There four Owners Rallies left this year the site will explain what they are and where they will be. Here is the site Coachmen Owners Association - The official owner's group of Coachmen RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

New to this site. We've had Truck campers for years (currently a 2011 Artic Fox990 4 season with a 2007 Sierra Classic Dually w/ a flatbed). Gal got her 2nd new knee for her 73rd birthday gift, and now looking for a small class C AWD Motorcoach with easier access. Very close to pulling the trigger on a Coachman Crosstrail 20XG Extreme (Lifted).
We do a LOT of 4 season camping, Winters in the Rockies on the IKON ski tour. Anyone have any thoughts / experience with Coachman, and this Crosstrail in particular. I'm a bit nervous of the Build quality of the unit / and support from Forest River. ( Northwoods Mfg w/ the Artic Fox has been excellent)... Thanx in advance for any advice...
WE purchased a 2007 Coachman Encore 40TS a few years back. We love it! I did have some electrical issues and had no schematics. I contacted Forest River and they told me that they did not get many prints or schematics from Coachman when they purchased the product line. They told me if I could give them some time they would do some research. Less than a day later they called telling me they had found the correct drawing and schematic sets. I was thrilled and better yet they sent me the full set if PDFs free. I now have two full volumes of drawings.

They Company Rally is held in Goshen Indiana usually around the last week in June that's where you can get the Company Techs to fix your issues. If they can't fix at the Rally then they may schedule an appt for you to bring to the factory. . You can go out to Coachmens Owners Assoc. web site and join it's free. There you can find all the events for Coachmen Owners around the Country. There four Owners Rallies left this year the site will explain what they are and where they will be. Here is the site Coachmen Owners Association - The official owner's group of Coachmen RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.
Thank You.!
Just got home with the Coachman Cross Trail 20XG last night. Got some Gremlins to work out, but we're stoked.

WE purchased a 2007 Coachman Encore 40TS a few years back. We love it! I did have some electrical issues and had no schematics. I contacted Forest River and they told me that they did not get many prints or schematics from Coachman when they purchased the product line. They told me if I could give them some time they would do some research. Less than a day later they called telling me they had found the correct drawing and schematic sets. I was thrilled and better yet they sent me the full set if PDFs free. I now have two full volumes of drawings.
Thanx. Haven't quite had that level of feedback, (yet) when looking for schematics on the framing, for a New 2023 Crosstrail 20XG Extreme we drove home last night. Looking forward to engagement with the company, the West Coast district manager has been very helpfull explaining what I'll need to do to further insulate for winter camping, and Further explaining The Chasis warranty from Ford being uneffected by the Coachman Aftermarket Lift, and the testing they've done to earn that recognititon..

Once I requested the schematics I had them within a week and they do come in handy. Congrats and good luck on all your travels. If you have any questions there are plenty of information out here and on the other forums.

Wondering if any other Crosstrail owners on the Forum have enhanced the insulation on their Coach and willing to share tips.
The stairway into the coach as well as the wheel wells are 1/16th steel, and completely non insulated. These are major sound sources as well as major thermal transfer conduit.
As well the B Pillar seems lightly insulated.
Any shared experiences/suggestions Most welcome before i delve in before winter.
I've already insulated the battery bay ( I've 2 x 400amp Renogy Li Batts.) with 1.5 inch high density closed cell foam
Thanx.

Latest resources

Back