• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New truck + rig purchased... now what

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What would be the bare minimum for supplies to start RVing. I will be driving from home, picking up the RV from a dealer, and then going to RV camp for 2 days. There is Camping world and some other RV store within 30 minutes of the camp, as well supermarkets.
so far my shopping list includes:
wheel blocks
leveling blocks
water hose
water pressure regulator
water filter
Surge protector
Poop hose
Lots of beer
bicycles :) - already got.
Basic mechanic kit, duck tape, zip ties, glue.
Anything else you would recommend?
I am considering RV GPS

I assume you camp already!!! I suggest you request the dealer has the fridge running and cooled down! When you get there you already will know it was installed right and fixed if not. This should not be in place of a proper instruction session.

Have the items in a cooler the way you invision they will be used (cold or frozen). This is important because the fridge, if propane is not as efficient as the home fridge.

Plan on that bottle of bubbly to christen your maiden voyage, including glasses you will keep for a memory!

Take pictures of your best views, and camp site, don'tforgetthatpicture of the fires light dancing on the face of your lover. These will be the only ones you will ever be able to take of this memory in time!

Consider small Corelli dish set, as they are light and don't break as easy as some. Silverware. Minimum cookware. Grill for that perfect first dinner, or for the fish you caught.

Honestly, your first trip should be more like planning a date with the woman you plan on hitching up with!!! Nothing you buy to outfit her, will be remembered, but how you plan the experience will be with you and yours for the rest of your days!!!

This will be my first campout with an RV, Yes when I was younger I was camping out with tents.
They told me it should be cooled down and ready, but I will double-check with them. I have a 12 v fridge and I assume propane.
I was planning to buy everything ( food ) locally, in a big supermarket ( we will have 2 cars, so it will be easy to make a local trip )
Yes, bubbly stuff ...
Yes grill and stakes is on menu :)
I let my wife be in charge of the hommy preparations and I am more tools and stuff to make us comfy

Latest resources

Back