• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

star1k

RVF Regular
Hello Everyone. Newly RVed here :)
I just purchased a New truck and Toy hauler Alliance 37v13. ( will pick up the trailer in 2 weeks).
Any tips on how to approach delivery, what to look for, and pay the most attention to?
Are any warranties worth it?
Planning to camp out a few nights right after delivery close by to the dealer so they can fix things I find not working.
Any lists on what to buy for the rig?
Any tips will be appreciated.

Another thing we have done during deliveries is record them. First we used our phone and the last one we used a GoPro to record everything. Come in handy for future reference until you get up to speed.

For warranty, most of the appliances have extended warranties available through the manufacturers. Our fridge, a/c units, washer / dryer, etc. are all extended through the manufacturers and a lot less than they wanted for an overall extended warranty. House portion is a different matter but there are those you can pick up for that portion aside from what the dealer offers - probably a significant discount over what they want to charge as well.

Another thing we have done during deliveries is record them. First we used our phone and the last one we used a GoPro to record everything. Come in handy for future reference until you get up to speed.

For warranty, most of the appliances have extended warranties available through the manufacturers. Our fridge, a/c units, washer / dryer, etc. are all extended through the manufacturers and a lot less than they wanted for an overall extended warranty. House portion is a different matter but there are those you can pick up for that portion aside from what the dealer offers - probably a significant discount over what they want to charge as well.
That is actually what i was considering doing - record with GoPro and ask about every single button :) it will be a long PDI :) They wanted close to 9k for an extended warranty plan - I still can opt in or out ... but considering not buying. How about tire protection? it is about 1K does it worth it?

We did pick up the wheel and tire on our new Superstar. For about $800 it made sense since one tire issue covers that even if the wheel is still ok.

Not sure about tire prices etc for your setup though.

Usually a new camper comes with a POC "hook up kit" don't bother to use it. Buy new stuff to begin with.
I love ZeroG water hoses. I use a 25' all the time and keep an extra 50' as a back up.
Get a high quality sewer hose (it's the last thing you want to have issues with).
I have a Valterra Dominator system I think about 40' all together. Rhino is also a very popular brand.
I have a good water pressure regulator it's the Renator RV water pressure regulator. There are several styles like this.

Tools;
Robertson #2 screwdriver (square tip)
pliers
wire cutters
adjustable wrenches
assorted screw drivers
Zip ties
Fuses
Duct Tape
wire

Beer, Lot's of it The most important thing.

Yes, they will try to sell me this kit for ~300 bucks.
Oh man, I was thinking only duct tape and zip ties .... now I need more? lol
Leveling blocks,
I am already on the lookup for stuff I will need. Yes, I am looking at rhino poop hose lol, also clear elbow and air-tied adapter.
I am considering a heated water house ( since I am planning to camp in the mountains as well ( does it make sense?), yes Zero-G that I am considering. Also any advice on water filters?
What surge protector do you use? (I need 50 amps)
Is getting stuff on Amazon or big stores such as Cabellas or camping world generally cheaper?
Thank you.

Look! Your not outfitting your house. Everything that you can dual purpose, do! Less can be more!

Unless you like to ice fish, or ski, heated water hose will not be needed.

Minimum clothes, however it is good to have some cold weather gear, as well as warm weather gear. No! leave the coat and tie, unless going to a funeral or wedding 🤔!!!

I feel you will in time realize you need some special "to you" stuff! That is the time to buy!!! That approach will keep you from needing to unload in the future. Local stores will have those things you didn't think you would use, and will be there the next trip through because you shopped Local.

Like what was stated above, you will need beverage! Each can or bottle is one item, so stock thousands.

You joined our community to start enjoying life! Don't stress it, let it happen!!!

Leveling blocks, I forgot about them. When we had a pull behind we went thru several kinds and all were OK. We bought the Anderson Hitch Levelers and liked them the best.

Never bought a heated hose, if it is going to be below freezing we fill the fresh water up and store our hose.

For stuff TechnoRV, Mobile Must Have and Amazon oh yeah ETrailer.

Did I mention Beer

Going off what Kevin said,

We have been on hundreds of trips in our RV and seriously I can't think of a single one where we haven't forgotten something. One thing we learned early on, is no matter where you camp there is always a Home Depot and a Walmart no more than 5 minutes away.

Latest resources

Back