• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Phoenix123

RVF Newbee
Hello, I'm Stephanie

My husband Bryan and I have decided we are going to actively start the process of becoming full-time RV'ers. We've been looking at the different styles out there and I think we've settled on getting a travel trailer or 5th wheel when the time comes...we would appreciate any advice especially from other full-timers...it will just be the 2 of us and our furbabies...thanks in advance 🙂

One size does not fit all!!!
But finding the perfect fit before you jump can be done. Well? Maybe.
When people start looking for the rig, they really need to sit down with a list of their stuff, and ask themselves. Where might we put it all?

The job is easier if they take the time to downsize beforehand. If you don't use it in six months, move it to storage. If you realize that you can do fine without, unload. Do this now, then you can adjust easier later. And you will buy what you need in size once.

Do you need a truck? Then find the trailer first that you want, then the truck that is needed to handle it safely.

Do you already have the tow vehicle? See if you can find the trailer all your "stuff " will fit in, and still tow safely. You may have to reduce more!

Most of the Canadian RVers I personally know, have got living with less down to a science. Remember if everything is dual purpose you'll have more open space.

Welcome to the forum. I live with a bunch of Canadians since everyone else in my family hold dual citizenship. Good luck in your search.

One size does not fit all!!!
But finding the perfect fit before you jump can be done. Well? Maybe.
When people start looking for the rig, they really need to sit down with a list of their stuff, and ask themselves. Where might we put it all?

The job is easier if they take the time to downsize beforehand. If you don't use it in six months, move it to storage. If you realize that you can do fine without, unload. Do this now, then you can adjust easier later. And you will buy what you need in size once.

Do you need a truck? Then find the trailer first that you want, then the truck that is needed to handle it safely.

Do you already have the tow vehicle? See if you can find the trailer all your "stuff " will fit in, and still tow safely. You may have to reduce more!

Most of the Canadian RVers I personally know, have got living with less down to a science. Remember if everything is dual purpose you'll have more open space.
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for these tips...we will begin selling or donating our stuff in preparation...your tip about getting the hauling truck after is a great idea...and I've been putting things in my wish list for multiple use items which will save on space...we are really looking forward to this lifestyle change, it will be a huge adjustment but the rewards will be worth it 🙂

Latest resources

Back