• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Custom Order - Electrical Specials

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I fully agree with @redbaron's approach on what has been successful. When we were trying to change the furniture in our Ventana order to better accommodate dog crates everyone was lining up behind a "yes" until the engineering department at Newmar went to the drawing board and said no to the original plan. It took them 3 weeks from when we submitted the request until they rejected. That 3 weeks lost us the build slot we had been working toward and we had to get the next unallocated 43' chassis our dealership had committed to (moved us from late Oct to early Dec).

- Richard
I also had a similar experience in 2018 with my 2019 dsdp, except I didn't lose the slot. This year, the way allocations are going, slots are not guaranteed until everything is signed off and approved, which can really lead to a variance. Newmar is actively working to protect their production run and inventory allocations. Nothing will be given a guarantee slot position until it is signed and ready to go. In years past you had a 3-6 week window to make changes. That no longer exists.

Essex and king aire have 240v dryer

As an aside, my 07 Beaver PT has a 240v dryer.

So from this thread discussion I expect the 15 LADP I’m buying likely doesn’t have a 240v dryer - it has washer and dryer. JUST another thing I should’ve researched more into wrt Newmar. Already PO’d that the LA Doesnt have a Manabloc water distribution system, a SurgeGuard device (it has some useless transfer switch with no built in surge protection), air levelling (looking at HWH or Valid for upgrade), have to add Silverleaf to know what is going on with engine/transmission/chassis.

I know as a buyer I should have checked more, but come on, a supposedly high end coach doesn’t have things that were standard in a 07 coach? Likely I’ll be ok with it once I get it - a number of reasons why that has happened yet - Grumpy these days.

Nope. One inverter, although the new KA does have dual inverters. Both Prevosts and Newells have Dual Inverters, 4 A/C's, 20 kilowatt generator that they don't even need to run while driving to operate the a/c's. Yeah, I'm drooling.

Entegra Cornerstone and Anthem have two 3000w inverters.

Some Renegade models can also be ordered with dual inverters. Have those on our coach and love this dual setup.

Latest resources

Back