• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Custom Order - Electrical Specials

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Redbaron, I was under the impression the New Aire and several other larger highline coaches had to have dual inverters for all the stuff to work. I also think or it used to be that Silverleaf was in some of the high end coaches. HWH Leveling as well too if I remember my brochure reading. Maybe thinking of another brand, could have sworn it was in Newmar. Know Prevost based models have dual inverters almost as a matter of necessity.
Nope. One inverter, although the new KA does have dual inverters. Both Prevosts and Newells have Dual Inverters, 4 A/C's, 20 kilowatt generator that they don't even need to run while driving to operate the a/c's. Yeah, I'm drooling.

Essex and king aire have 240v dryer

Did not know KA and Essex had 240V dryers. If they do it for those, it should be something for the lesser models, again. Please work directly with Newmar, get all in writing, then present to dealer.

Getting feedback from those that have had the specials is much better than trying to deal with newmar. Anyone that has actually gone through that process understands how much time can be saved by sharing between our selves on what worked and what did not work.

Newmar is slow, and often wrong, depending on who you get. Armed with a coach #, you can push thru a lot of red tape.

Which is why...

Which is why...

Yes, that certainly helps. I will contribute once I get mine done. I have gone thru all of those.

I am building the LA4551 to match many of the features of the DS4369.

Tried to option in the "K3-605" on the DS4369, but for some reason that was denied.

@redbaron where possible, for cosmetic specials what I did was literally get pictures of coaches that already had the specials I wanted, or I would get a picture of the same area and literally draw the special exactly how I wanted it right on the picture. I put all of that into a PowerPoint, exported it to PDF and sent it to Michelle. Made the process pretty easy and I didn’t have to worry so much about exact wording because they had an illustration.

I know that doesn’t help much with electrical though.

@redbaron where possible, for cosmetic specials what I did was literally get pictures of coaches that already had the specials I wanted, or I would get a picture of the same area and literally draw the special exactly how I wanted it right on the picture. I put all of that into a PowerPoint, exported it to PDF and sent it to Michelle. Made the process pretty easy and I didn’t have to worry so much about exact wording because they had an illustration.

I know that doesn’t help much with electrical though.
I may have obtained an electircal schematic. I am waiting the file to be sent to me. I love how you did your examples, and agree---pictures eliminate any possible confusion.

I fully agree with @redbaron's approach on what has been successful. When we were trying to change the furniture in our Ventana order to better accommodate dog crates everyone was lining up behind a "yes" until the engineering department at Newmar went to the drawing board and said no to the original plan. It took them 3 weeks from when we submitted the request until they rejected. That 3 weeks lost us the build slot we had been working toward and we had to get the next unallocated 43' chassis our dealership had committed to (moved us from late Oct to early Dec).

- Richard

Latest resources

Back