Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar doesn't care about New Aire owners with only mid baths?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
I've been trying to get a couple of SilverLeaf issues resolved regarding my lights and my shades on my 2023 Newmar New Aire. Long story short the main SilverLeaf panel acts like it only knows about floorplans with rear bathrooms and mid coach toilet stalls.

After calling Newmar (who had me call SilverLeaf) I worked out a couple of issues (which I've shared on this forum). However, after months of back and forth I still had the issue with the panel (and the System Control mobile app) not displaying the correct controls for the mid bath. I took my vehicle into Bish's for warranty work and brought the issue up to them. On my ticket, Newmar's response to Bish's service techs was (I've shortened): “…talked to Aaron from engineering and said that this was a one year thing as most customers complained about this issue. He also said that 90 percent of the coaches during this year had rear baths or two bathrooms. There is nothing they can do”.

So, is Newmar’s response that the only floor plan that the SilverLeaf is set up properly for light and shade controls is the New Aire 3547 as it is the only New Air floor plan with a mid bathroom stall and rear full bathroom? The other 3 floorplans (3543, 3545, and 3549) are all mid bathroom only floorplans (no rear bath as the bedroom is in the rear). Is he claiming 90% of the New Aires that made and sold in 2023 were of this 3547 dual bath floor plan? I’m also scratching my head if only 10% bought the other floor plans, like myself, then how does that mean “most customers complained about this issue.”

I must say that I am very disappointed with Newmar’s response. This doesn’t align with “When you know the difference” motto. To have to click on your back bedroom to interact with the mid bath’s lights and shades doesn’t make any sense. To click on the mid bath on the SilverLeaf control and have controls pop up that do nothing makes no sense. Is Newmar ignoring the New Aire line of coaches (with the exception of the 3547) and trying to save time and money by reusing configurations for their other larger coach models that do have mid stalls and rear full baths? For being part of their “luxury lineup” I am quite disappointed in their lack of caring about the customer experience.

Best,
-Mark

Attachments

• 2023 New Aire Floor Plans.jpg
    2023 New Aire Floor Plans.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240616_130458.jpg
    20240616_130458.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240210_094035.jpg
    20240210_094035.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240616_130530.jpg
    20240616_130530.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240616_130541.jpg
    20240616_130541.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 10
That's just wrong. Maybe run it up the chain at Newmar? Your layout in SilverLeaf should be precisely for your coach floorplan. If you go to a Newmar event, it may be a good way to make higher ups aware.

That's just wrong. Maybe run it up the chain at Newmar? Your layout in SilverLeaf should be precisely for your coach floorplan. If you go to a Newmar event, it may be a good way to make higher ups aware.
Should you be in the area, the Newmar International Rally is in Pueblo, CO, July 26 - Aug 3. All the brass will be there.

Unfortunately, I still work full-time and am unable to make that trip this year as by RV travel-time is already committed for in 2024. I would think this would be something all other New Aire owners would be up in arms about. I have begun the escalation with Newmar support; awaiting their response. That said, sometimes a personal physical old-school letter to a CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors is warranted. I am trying to give their staff, middle managers, and senior leaders a chance to do the right thing by their New Aire customers, before I go there though.

Telling a customer -- "yeah, our fault, but so sad, too bad" (I'm paraphrasing) isn't how to delight customers.

I ran into a similar issue with my prior Tiffin's Spyder system on the first model year for one of their new rigs. Both Tiffin and Firefly bent over backwards to ensure the software configuration issue was fixed for the floorplan. When you replace switches with these software controlled multiplex systems, they just need to work...

Any other New Aire owners out here going to the Rally?

Best,
-Mark

Do you know if this problem is only applicable to the 2023 models?

Do you know if this problem is only applicable to the 2023 models?
Unfortunately, I do not know. I was hoping others with New Aires would respond, sharing their coach years, models, and their own experience with the SilverLeaf light and shade screens so I could build a table to track.

Best,
-Mark

Incase you don’t already have his contact.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 11
It appears that their just lazy to get their IT to develop the software for each layout.

Latest resources

Back