• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar factory service in the desert

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ll see him on the 9th and will report back on results/findings. I’m driving about an hour to meet in Indio as that is about their eastern limit.

Interesting the Newmar service truck was just in this RV park Thursday, .01/04, ORPS, full name, outdoor resort Palm Springs

When in Nappanee and speaking to my tech, he told me they send tech (volunteers) to go out and help out the permanent tech. Great for all those that winter in the area.

I have seen Newmar's mobile tech, I believe his name is Damien, working on Newmar coaches where I'm Wintering in Casa Grande, AZ. Scheduling is done through Newmar as previously mentioned. It's comforting to know that if something comes up help is a phone call away... (y)

We had mostly sucessful visit while here @ MCC in Indio. I had 3 problems, with one of them being major slide motor issue. The tech sucessfully and quickly I might add, took care of both the Kitchen Slide motor replacement + reprogramming my MCD shades which I could not manage to complete myself. He was not able to solve my Girard Awning alignment issue where the rear awning contacts the roof with loud bang during retracting. The great news is the cost of replacement motor using NewServ was almost $400 less than my direct cost through newmar parts! The savings covered all the labor for all of my service items including the $150 service call charge. Overall very pleased and will use this in future whenever I have high $ replacement part item as it seems I can get work done for free w/ discounted parts.

I have seen Newmar's mobile tech, I believe his name is Damien, working on Newmar coaches where I'm Wintering in Casa Grande, AZ. Scheduling is done through Newmar as previously mentioned. It's comforting to know that if something comes up help is a phone call away... (y)

Damien worked on our rig in Apache Junction in November. Great that they have some on the road!

The service tech working out of Orlando name is Mark. According to Elizabeth in Nappanee the Mobile Tech, Mark, here in Florida is about a month out for scheduling.

A little update on my experiences with this. This was just for a slide adjustment and it is a standard two cog-wheel type mechanism. The first attempt with one tech was unsuccessful but the next week a team of two more experienced techs were driving put from Nappanee, and because they are based in Indio (until the end of Feb) they were willing to drive down to my location, 45 miles south of Indio, on Wednesday.

It took them a couple hours of trial and error but ultimately they were successful and now the slide, which was way out of alignment (and got a bit worse after the first attempt), is looking good and operating smoothly. I don’t know if sending out additional techs is going to be common practice - I think it was just because of the volume of requests, but it made the difference.

I doubt I could have found an independent RV repair operation that could have done what they did, and from past experience, I am very reluctant to trust generic RV repair techs with my repairs. I also do not relish the idea of leaving the coach at a dealership for weeks just to get two hours of work done. If it’s something I can’t do, it’s going to be a dedicated Newmar tech or Freightliner depending on the issue.

Newmar has been sending additional tech from Nappanee the last couple years. One of the techs that has worked on my coach in Nappanee this past summer was volunteering again this year. He said that with workload in Nappanee reduced during winter they can provide techs to help out in the desert.
Who wouldn’t want to leave winter weather in Nappanee, kind of win/win situation for all.

They did note the weather difference. Actually they seemed quite happy with the assignment.

Latest resources

Back