• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Slam

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks Everyone for your reply. I trimmed about 1/8" off the screen door bumpers and it made a hugh difference. Think I'll take off just a little more. Dont have to slam it now to engage the second latch but still have an issue with the arm at the top of the door not releasing easily. I plan to grease it with Door Eze and see if it helps. Apprecaiate your input.
Steve

Yup. And I have to slam hard in order to use the dead bolt. I asked about it when I was at Newmar getting service. He did not recommend adjusting it due to the possibility of not getting a good seal and hearing wind noise as I traveled.
We used to have to slam our door shut and had air noise down low as well. Door even flew open a few times early on before we adopted the dead bolt lock "every time from now on" attitude.

Complained of the air issue at Nappanee, they addressed it but, didn't solve the problem. Took it to our local Newmar dealer, they addressed it twice. Finally both issues were resolved. With some close examination of the door seal and identification of other potential air noise sources, along with recommended courses of action by yours truly, they resolved both issues. No air noise going down the road and no slamming.

Many times, rubber can be less effective at sealing (liquids and gasses) when placed under too much stress. I wouldn't be afraid of continuing to address your concerns.

Latest resources

Back