• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar slide activation idiosyncrasies

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
connecting to shore power is ok. however, if your chassis batt is charged already, the batt will not be under charge.. the HWH-FWS requires somewhere around 1.5V to operate. If chassis batt is at 13, when operating the hwh fws, the chassis batt will drop under 12v. Thas when you MAY create problem with the hwh fws open/close. (low Voltage may not move the slide fast enough or far enough, in some cases) You can wait till the charge kicks in. newmar techs used to tell us (older units) to turn head lights on till the chassis charge kicks in. Running the engine is much better, as the chassis batt will be under charge all along.

Slide cannot operate after 2 martini's or 3 Bourbons.
Are you saying you have to blow into the breathalyzer to move your slide?

Had an issue where the drivers slide would not come "In".
Contacted Newmar Service Support. The "Rep" walked me through a check & swap of the controller connections.
BUT, he then had me check the battery charge. It was showing 12.6, he then told me to start the coach & let it run for a few minutes. I did, batteries went to 12.8, and slide worked perfectly.
He stated that the batteries must show 12.75 or higher for the slide motors to work properly.
MORAL of the STORY: Check "VOLTAGE" first!;)

@J&JD My slides operate the same as yours and when I mention it on another forum about 3 years ago I was told I didn't what I was I was talking about. We added that to the list of problems when we visited Newmar Service and were told that is the way they operate on my coach a 2017 Ventana LE (Less Expensive). The tech told us not to operate the full wall side unless we had at least 13.6 volts showing on the gauge. The tech said to either run the engine, plug on to shore power or start the generator in that order to provide 13.6 volts to the full wall slide. He also said if you can get the charge to chassis batteries turn on the headlights. Turn off the engine for the other two slides.

We also deploy slides while on the airbags prior to deploying jacks per the letter we got from Newmar and info we got from the Nemar tech.

PS I should also mention not to deploy sides without checking the reveal of the full wall side.

Wouldn't it be nice if the expensive RV had a somewhat intelligent system that TELLS you that the battery voltage is too low to open the slides or that the RV is twisted / inclined too much etc. instead of you having to guess and schedule a service appointment telling you that fact? and / or gunshot a bunch of expensive parts because they don't understand how it really works?

In the FCA auto world, I called that system "In Vehicle Help". Not sure today what the production name is...I suspect it is a very watered down version of what it could have been...

Are you saying you have to blow into the breathalyzer to move your slide?
Well.......... I'm just saying that I have been known to have 2 Martini's and break into the Electric Slide!!! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back