• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Newmar Ventana Driver Side Windshield Wiper Coverage

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Guess I'll be loosening the pivot bolt a little. Glad I saw this before changing things.
Thanks
Loosened the pivot nut and the wipers work a lot better.

Good. My passenger side has the same problem as the driver's side had but I don't see a need to fix it. I may look at loosening the nut a little as well and see what that does.

When parked, I've been covering our wipers with 36" foam pipe insulation tubes to protect the blades. They've been on approximately a yr and will need replacing soon because the sun has taken a toll on the tubes. Will even use 303 when doing the other rubber parts on the rig.

I use the magneshade wiper blade covers when parked for extended time in sun.

This wasn't a blade issue though as I did try new blades. This was purely the arm and swivel setup.

I use the magneshade wiper blade covers when parked for extended time in sun.

This wasn't a blade issue though as I did try new blades. This was purely the arm and swivel setup.
I was aware of that Neal and actually debated posting my comment. Just felt it may help others protect their blades and figured to post.

I was aware of that Neal and actually debated posting my comment. Just felt it may help others protect their blades and figured to post.
Yeebetchya, good tip for an alternative solution.

Last July at the state inspection I got busted for the wiper not clearing sufficiently. The inspector took my answer "it's always been that way, nothing you can do" and let me off. As I failed the inspection anyway I figured I'd replace the wiper blade assemblies hoping it would solve the issue should he require this to be improved. My word was enough so I passed.

Yesterday I drove in the rain and it is in fact bad, the inspector was right. The wiper blade clears up until directly in front of me and then stops. I have no idea how to resolve this or why this is happening as it's not happening on the passenger side. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone resolved this and if so how?
We had the same issue with our DS when new. It took 2 times in Nappanee for them to get it corrected. Unfortunately I don't know, or recall what they actually did to fix it

Neal, I have the same problem since new. I am considering shorter wiper blades. The existing 36 inch blades cover areas of the windshield that is out of my field of view near the top. Thinking of trying 28 to 30 inch blades.
CAUTION: Stay with 36-inch blades. I thought I would replace our wipers with 32" blades thinking it would be less work for the wiper motors and linkage—especially in the snow.
It did not work. I purchased a Trico 32 inch blade (67-321). The saddle is only ½ inch wide. It is a full ¼ too narrow.

Attachments

• wiper saddles 1.jpg
    wiper saddles 1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
  • wiper saddles 2.jpg
    wiper saddles 2.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 8
Look at post #21. I loosened the self locking nut on the wiper blade and it works so much better.

Latest resources

Back