• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert News from Open Roads (TSD)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sometimes I save and sometimes it would be cheaper to go different station. I'm 65 feet long and just easier and have less chance of bending something using the truck lanes. On my first fillup on this trip, the pump said 4.05 and I got for 3.31 but on the second fillup, the pump said 4.10 and it was 3.81. I have used the card for about 3 years. Don't count on the app being the correct price all the time.

In the town I live in, yesterday, the app says that there is one truck stop (Yesway on the far side of town, about a mile or so down the road from Sam's Club) that give the discount. According to the app, it's the same price as Sam's Club (the trucks that fill our local Sam's tanks are plastered with Flying J/Pilot signs). I haven't checked other towns for comparison.

I signed up for the discount weeks ago. Not seen my discount card yet. Doesn't matter. From what I have discovered, the discount is only good at the truck lanes, not the RV lanes. It will probably end up the same place my last "fuel discount" card ended up (if I ever get it).

FWIW, the other day I saved a $1.30 per gallon at Speedway using the Open Roads card. That was a personal record, but dollar-ish per gallon discounts are not unheard of if you look ahead and are willing to deviate from your planned route.

I think some folks don't understand what TSD/Open Roads is.

It is a Bulk Freight Transport Company based out of Texarkana which also offers a Fleet Fuel Discount card to other freight companies and the RV Community.

If you're in a RV which really needs to fuel at a truck stop due to it's size limitations it's a wonderful thing getting a nice discount over Truck Stop prices. Remember my rig and many others are about 8 feet wide and 65ish feet long, you simply can't whip into the 7-11 and fill up.

Can you find diesel less expensive, most likely. Is it accessible to my size rig most likely not.

One thing I noticed in my last fuel stop at a T/A was a pickup truck in the trucker lanes filling up. My concern was the TSD program opening up to RVers was causing just this as you can't get the diesel discount in the car/rv island. It's not the first time I've seen this and wonder if truck stops are seeing trucks getting slowed down by non truck (or large RV) traffic filling up from programs like this.

One thing I noticed in my last fuel stop at a T/A was a pickup truck in the trucker lanes filling up. My concern was the TSD program opening up to RVers was causing just this as you can't get the diesel discount in the car/rv island. It's not the first time I've seen this and wonder if truck stops are seeing trucks getting slowed down by non truck (or large RV) traffic filling up from programs like this.
I fill my truck in the truck lanes all the time using TSD. It's the only way to get def at the pump. Adding 50 - 100 gallons is too much fuel for car lanes.

Never had anyone complain, even when I was "bobtail"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back