• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have mine in forward patio side storage bay tray that previous owner had used for a small propane grill. I added a steel shelf and placed the grill on that right at the end of the bay slide out tray. Just enough to extend the slide out of the coach, and still under the awning if it's light raining out. Works most of the time. I let it cool and push the button and it's all stowed until next time. I am getting incredibly lazy in my old age.

For those that have the Ninja grill, are you carrying it in your coach? Anyone have the carry bag that you can get for it?

What do you carry your tofu, sprouts, and white sauce in?

What do you carry your tofu, sprouts, and white sauce in?
I don’t want to cause a civil disturbance in any park by people stampeding to my coach to get in line for a taste. So I leave that stuff at home.

Ha...if you come to the south they would chase you down to tar and feather you for bringing that stuff.

When traveling, I have decided to try a grill mat on my Ninja, as it would be easier to clean than lugging the grill plate around. I corresponded with the Kona vendor (same pellet people), and they said it would fit fine, possibly having to trim one edge to make it fit. @Neal, do you need assistance getting this into your shopping cart?

LOL, you so funny, umm, arriving tomorrow!

So yesterday I figured I'd try a burger on the Ninja. Didn't go so well. I wanted it smoked so I used the grill + smoke option, high as usual (yeah, I think we learned that's not ideal). My patty turned into a ball, I flattened it, so so, a little overcooked but obviously food safe at internal of 900 degrees! I think for burgers I should probably just use the grill option and keep the lid open. Then again, will it keep cooking with the lid open?

On another note, in my effort to avoid the cleanup I used aluminum foil. Now that will work except I put the foil in first and did the pre-heat. BAD. The top fan exhaust sucked it up to the roof of the lid so that didn't work, but cooking with foil will work too. I feel obligated to test @sheridany's cooking matt, I mean, we're a team right? Okay, good. We'll see how it goes.

I have grilled burgers and boneless chicken on the grill setting. I always use a medium setting, as the high setting is just too high and burns the food. I close the lid between flips. You can add smoke as an option. I have done some really nice smoked pork tenderloins this way (grill low setting) and very tasty. It's messy to clean up, but let's hope the grill mats make it easier. I have found that if you do have a really messy grill plate, some dishwashing soap and baking soda really do the trick.

And here I thought people were getting away from Teflon!

I won't use either one!
I have a stainless steel grilling sheet.
So tell me @Neal do you put a dimple in the middle of the patty?

I have found with foil that if I wrap the foil under the grill plate it wont get sucked up into the fan. I just pull a longer piece than would otherwise be necessary and fold under the left and right side of the grill plate

Latest resources

Back