• Commercial/Vendors welcome

No power to outlets on Essex

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Is there a procedure for a systematic shutdown/restart of the coach's electrical system?
Turned off all AC power to the coach, turned off the salesman switch. Let coach sit for 10 minutes. Crossed fingers, turned it all back on, no change.

This just in. If I'm reading this correctly, the inverter is ON, but not putting out any power.

Or does that mean that the power is there, just isn't any draw on the outlets that the inverter feeds?

1683646621808.jpeg

The inverter feeds those outlets. Any outlets that still work are probably not inverter dependent. I don’t know about all the new style controls, but I believe the problem is with inverter output because of the points I made before. So I think thats the place to look - inverter and control system manuals, tech help from Magnum and KIB or whoever - that sort of thing. Also its easy enough to check - just use the multi-meter to test inverter output.

The inverter feeds those outlets. Any outlets that still work are probably not inverter dependent. I don’t know about all the new style controls, but I believe the problem is with inverter output because of the points I made before. So I think thats the place to look - inverter and control system manuals, tech help from Magnum and KIB or whoever - that sort of thing. Also its easy enough to check - just use the multi-meter to test inverter output.
They called Newmar and they weren't helpful. Don't know what that means because I wasn't on the conversation.

Sindy just emailed me and she said they found a burned wire in the inverter and it's giving them a fault. Again, not sure where the wire was/is and what fault they are talking about. But hopefully, they're on the right track.

So it appears that they found a burned wire, not sure where it was, but they fixed it and have most of the outlets working. They're happy with that, and will regroup tomorrow to fine the problem with the rest. But I'm told, they suspect a GFI plug.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and ideas. It sure helped in the process of elimination, which is 1/2 the game in these situations.

I had an issue with my Inverter. Tried all the trouble shooting suggestions in the owner's manual without success. I called the Magnum customer service (sorry do not have the phone number) left a voice message, The tech called me back and walked me through various steps and we were able to get it up and running.
Even though the customer service tech seemed like a one man show he was prompt in getting back to me and providing the resolution which in my case was an issue with my remote display versus the Inverter.
Good luck!

Latest resources

Back