Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Noobie here with a Bang Bang Shrimp Copycat.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ArmyOfSquirrels

RVF Regular

(Stock Photo)

Hi everyone I'm new around here but look to be jumping head first into the RV Life full time starting this year and ending who knows when lol. I've been an avid camper for a while and love getting off the beaten path with my truck so why not bring a home with me now too. I have a 16.5' Canvas yurt tent with a wood burning stove I currently use and love but lack some of the necessities our pioneer forefathers could have used. I've made these before with this receipe and they are amazing. Have not been able to make em on the trail yet but don't see why you couldn't.

• ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup Thai-style sweet chili sauce
  • 3 dashes Sriracha hot chile sauce, or to taste
  • ½ cup cornstarch, or as needed
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 inches of oil for frying in a pan
  • 8 lettuce leaves
  • 1 bunch green onion, chopped, or to taste

• Directions​

• Step 1
      Whisk mayonnaise, sweet chile sauce, and Sriracha hot sauce together in a bowl.
    • Step 2
      Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Gently press shrimps into cornstarch to coat; shake off any excess.
    • Step 3
      Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    • Step 4
      Working in batches, cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Put cooked shrimp in a bowl and pour chile sauce mixture over the shrimp. Toss gently to coat.
    • Step 5
      Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Pour shrimp into bowl and top with green onion.
There you have it simple to make and very delicious you can make enough to just have a meal out of it or an app to share with friends.

That's one of my most favorite dishes! I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Anytime. I have some digital cook books too I'll have to go through and try more of them so I can share them with the group. I really want to try the new medi. Diet book I got the pictures look so good. I tried a chicken avocado salad from my neighbor which was delicious. She's suppose to write it down for me and apparently was very simple to make. What do RVers do for fresh produce? Anyone figure out how to grow some of their own veggies while RVing?

What do RVers do for fresh produce? Anyone figure out how to grow some of their own veggies while RVing?
I get it from the supermarket. I'm always on the lookout for Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Lucky's or any market with a good organic section. Growing veggies? Someone else is going to have to pipe up. I think I just did the impossible and killed my Aloe plant.?

Mediterranean Skillet Greens Chicken.png

Like this one:
Mediterranean Skillet Greens Chicken

A full hand of dried herbs like oregano and basil make that simple chicken, Swiss chard, and tomato skillet taste like the type of food you’d imagine eating on an Italian coastline. Pro tip: Boil some quinoa while the dish is cooking, and in less than 30 minutes, you’ll still have a complete, nutritious meal ready to go! Experience this tasty, balanced skillet Mediterranean chicken with greens. It is packed with nutritious vegetables and sprinkled with spices to make it a little lively. It is a satisfying meal which can be cooked on Sunday and eaten during the week! (Exempt sugar, keto) Sautéing the chicken in olive oil and garlic creates some beautiful sauce that gets on the Swiss chard, tomatoes, and it really brings it together. Doubled the Swiss chard amount you make on any Sunday. Healthy lunches and fast dinners last for the entire week. For a full meal, add 1⁄2 cup of quinoa,cauliflower rice, or whole wheat pasta. Filled with Swiss chard Nutrients and Tomatoes Simple to make in under 30 minutes Infinitely changeable to what you have on hand (use some greens, add olives, use another cheese, add a drop of white wine to a more saucy dish) It is brimming with Mediterranean flavor! Gluten-Free Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 Calories: 245kcal Ingredients Olive oil: 2 tbsp. 4 Thighs of skinless Chicken One Tsp Garlic Powder One Tsp basil dried Oregano one Tsp. Pepper 1/4 tsp Salt half tablespoon Two cups of tomatoes Swiss chard, 4 cups, chopped. Two garlic cloves, minced Two tablespoons of feta cheese Instructions Pat chicken with a paper towel dry and sprinkle with all the spices, garlic through pepper powder. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium to high temperature Place the chicken thighs and cook for about fifteen minutes, or until 170o F is registered by an instant-read thermometer. Remove chicken out of the saucepan and cover with foil. Add more tbsp. Of olive oil to the saucepan and add the freshly mincedgarlic. Cook it for a minute then add tomatoes. Cook tomatoes for approximately 3 minutes. They’ll begin softening and releasing juices. Swiss chard is added to pan and mix until the chard starts to wilt—Cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken and juices back to the saucepan. Finish with the feta and serve with the quinoa, whole-wheat pasta, or rice with the cauliflower. Nutrition Facts: Calories: 245kcal Carbohydrate: 5 g Protein: 24 g Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 114 mg Sodium: 567 mg Potassium: 599 mg Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 2 g Vitamin A: 2885IU Vitamin C: 21.5 mg Calcium: 89 mg Iron: 2.1 mg Vitamin A: 28885IU Vitamin C: 21.5 mg Calcium: 89 mg Iron: 2.1 mg

Sorry still trying to figure out how to properly post on this forum. I was wondering if anyone has leads on small farms throughout the different states that would sell direct, or maybe a list of farmers markets. Though with Covid is that even a thing anymore? :(

I love Farmers Markets and usually google for the ones in the area I am visiting. Although, I haven't been to one in the last year, but I see the one I like to go to in Montana will be open.

Latest resources

Back