Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fvjennings

RVF Newbee
Perhaps the only complaint we have about our camper is that we have just 4 electrical outlets. We are wanting to mount some small fans in our sleeping area, but the outlets are far away. Currently we rely on multi-plugs where we can, but we are looking for a simple solution that hopefully doesn't include unsightly cords everywhere. How have others solved this situation? Thank you!
Happy camping!

Well you stated camper! I have an RV/ old fifth wheel. I call it an ikea build because it reminds me of modular furniture.

In my case there were no wall outlets, they used the space in the cabinets to run the electrical in most cases.

A few in the walls at the front where wall panels could not be made in a press.

Any additional outlets I desired have used the cabinets as raceways, with their Walls for mounting of the outlets. With only a few exceptions, where I have wire run in conduit under the floor using floor boxes,

If this is to much information, I suggest you consult an electrician!

I’ve used these track channels to add outlets and hid the wiring. They make thin mount outlets and boxes as well. I’ve used them to add outlets without a lot of drilling and work.
One picture shows wall lighting I added in the RV and the other shows the power and other cords being hidden by the tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_2122-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_2122-compressed.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2789.jpeg
    IMG_2789.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 40
I’ve used these track channels to add outlets and hid the wiring. They make thin mount outlets and boxes as well. I’ve used them to add outlets without a lot of drilling and work.
One picture shows wall lighting I added in the RV and the other shows the power and other cords being hidden by the tracks.
Great solution! Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back