Not good

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
bad willy wonka and the chocolate factory GIF

Looks like you almost had yourself a fire! Now the question is was the origination or the end result of a problem? What I don't understand is why it says "ground bus" which would imply all white wires yet you have blue and purple connecting. Dunno....but hope this find saved you ceramic coating money.

It’s scary to think of what could have happened, but didn’t.

My son and I are both 95% convinced this is from a lightning event. We also had a breaker thrown for our pool lights and a low voltage transformer for outdoor lighting bit the dust. It can’t be coincidental.

I found this part on newpar for $130. I’m going to get it and see what happens.

Famous last words.

It’s been a banner day at the Neemer homestead. It’s good to have a tradesman in the family. I think we have the 80% solution.

I’m hoping the other 20% shows up when the replacement part gets here.

While trying to wire around the watchdog, it was discovered that the cord reel had shorted out. So we (he) wired around the cord reel and then I had solid shore power (no runs, no drips, no errors, no smoke).

We removed the power to that burnt out KIB thingamajig and suddenly I had lights. It appeared most of what wasn’t working was back in action.

We shut everything down and I will order the replacement part in the morning. It’s Miller time.

I think you said you did...but ever since @ARD shorted her cord reel in Tucson from a lightning strike I use this at the pedestal. Progressive surge protector. I like it also as it gives me lights telling me the wiring is correct at the pedestal.

That’s exactly the unit I plug into the pedestal. It didn’t even blink at whatever happened. We have looked at the watchdog again and are not quite so sure that it is fried. It looks like the cord reel took the brunt of it.

I don’t know if this is as significant as I think it may be, but the question arises as to how 12v was affected. The cord reel motor is12v and I’m wondering if the short jumped over to 12v at that motor. It’s right there.

Just where was the location of KIB module that has the comprised wires?

@NWIP , it’s located behind the control panel above the driver’s seat.

I also use a surge protector at the pedestal. Thinking it's cheap insurance.
The Mothership wouldn't hardwire my Watchdog Surge Protector that I brought with us during factory pickup. Was told they aren't needed. When I pleaded that it's extra protection, they still wouldn't do it.....

On the KIB system, your issue is most likely. 12v issue. Have you opened the KIB panel and looked for evidence of something that got hot or burnt. Not sure on your floor plan but in the 4369 it’s in the master closet, black box with a screw that holds door closed.
Also have you actually checked fuses in 1/2 bath main 12v fuse block

Latest resources

Back