Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Notice for German Shepherd and other large chested breed owners.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’m so glad your pup is better now, when we do get that dog some day ? I’ll be prepared. I had no idea this was possible!

Sooo glad to hear your “very handsome boy” Rex is home and doing well. Thank-you so much for sharing as we have had large breed dog’s for almost 40+ years and NEVER heard of this. What a grateful wake-up call! My husband always takes ”Darcy“, our big Goldendoodle, out right away after eating thinking she may have to doo. Will now definitely wait and be vigilant. Now we are aware if our or any dog exhibits these symptoms and now know what to do. Many thanks again and continued speedy recovery for “Rex”.

Awwww, big guy. So glad Rex is home. And thank goodness Brian delayed your departure that night. ❤️
Thank you, Renee. He's really happy to be home too!

First I'm glad Rex is ok now and that you took the right course to get him treatment. Our pet's are part of the family and money should never be a cause to let them live or not. I highly respect you for that.

I’m so happy to hear that you were able to get to hospital in time to save Rex. Thank God for this!

Brian’s call was meant to be.

I have heard of this with my friends horse but didn’t know large dogs could go through it.

Our 4 legged got meningitis at 3 after taking off in the field and not returning right away as she typically does. The vet thought she ate a dead animal or feces of one. the vet asked if we wanted him to check with insurance before proceeding with MRI and spinal tap. We said very quickly no just fix her at all costs.

She is now 10 yrs old and recently had all her teeth removed due to gum problem, she acts like she is 4. Poor thing has been through allot in her life, we rescued her from streets of Mexico. She still has lots of spunk and wears us out but she is our child and we live for her.

Jim, I wanted to put a heart on your post but I don’t know how

Hi Jim: Glad Rex made it back home. I was aware of this happening to big chested dogs. I have a 80lb full bred lab that I love dearly. This stomach flipping is certainty something to look for.

Regards Jim P.

Latest resources

Back