Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
LadyDi came home with a new 2020 Lincoln Nautilus today and, of course, she wants it set up for towing behind the MADP. Need to start doing my research.

With the 2014 Honda Civic (that we intend to keep), we are using a Roadmaster Sterling All-Terrain tow bar and SMI Air Force One toad braking system. We also use the Roadmaster Tow Defender rock guard. If possible, I'd like to use a similar system with the Nautilus. Is anyone currently using this system on a Nautilus? I believe Roadmaster makes a base plate for it, but am wondering how compatible the SMI AF1 braking unit will be.

Thoughts?

TJ

Last edited:
Tell her congratulations. That’s a sweet car. I saw one yesterday on my way south. I always check etrailer for information.

LadyDi came home with a new 2020 Lincoln Nautilus today...
I know nothing about the Nautilus so I had to look it up. What a nice car! Congratulations to LadyDi. :)

Congrats LadyDi!

Nice looking TOAD ya got there!

You're pretty much there, according to eTrailer, who suggests the ROADMASTER BASE PLATES (NOT the Blue Ox), along with the heavier rated Nighthawk.

Assuming you have the AWD version, I'd love to know what the Neutral Tow system is; is it controlled by the Dash Computer?

Assuming you have the AWD version, I'd love to know what the Neutral Tow system is; is it controlled by the Dash Computer?
From reading the owner's manual (about six time so far), it appears to be a manual disconnect system. There is a cable that must be pulled and latched to disable the "Park" function in the transmission. From what I can tell, it completely disconnects the drive train and allows all four wheels of the AWD system to free-wheel. It also requires a battery disconnect to disable the computer and maintain the free-wheel state.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back