Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Oasis burner request AC element?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Testing out the Oasis heat this morning. Sounds like burner is operating but it appears the Oasis has required AC elements to keep up? It is only 64f outside and the Oasis is struggling to heat the main cabin?
1728647732946.jpeg

If I have both the burner and the AC elements on together when it call for heating the liquid they both come on together. The AC elements will go off slightly before the burner shuts down. I think that's normal.

I'm not familiar with your computerized setup but burner can do it all without electric elements so if burner alone is not heating furnaces or water something else is wrong. Do you enable zones by any chance? Also, something that took me far too long to discover is on my dash is a switch for the furnace fan off, low, high. Without this fan enabled the very front will not heat sufficiently. So I suggest check your zone settings on the t-stat and also ensure fans are running as expected.

Neal the dash fan switch was a recent discovery. Perusing the owner manual helps out😄
When the furn was requested with only the burner activated during the heat cycle, the screen indicates the AC element is activated.
It is not that cold and the Oasis appears to be struggling.
Luckily we are headed to the Mothership. Added to the list….

Make sure also that the AC is set to recirculate or it will let outside air in. I know this for sure!

Latest resources

Back