• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis Leak at Burner

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yep, misspoke myself. No pressure (well maybe 1-2 lbs.) Teflon tape will work fine. Got hoses mixed up.

Check you tube for a video of this problem, found watching a repair takes all the gotchas out of it. Don't think Teflon tape will work for diesel, find out what oasis uses and get that stuff. Gasoline and diesel will melt most Teflon I think.
Napa has some very nice clamp pliers which allow you to crimp off a fuel/water hose, but not hurt the hose, they come in at least two sizes, and I have used them on several Hydro Hot annual maintenance and waterline fixes. I keep them in my tool bag, and I bought two pair of each of the two sizes, because you never know when you need two of them for a job. Go to NAPA store to get them. I can take picture if needed.
Having to replace the summer loop pump twice already, I have a set of pinch clamps. I picked up some screw clamps and plumbers thread sealant. Now I just need the time and motivation to do it.

I completely understand motivation and time. Have been putting off project in the side yard, been too humid and hot. Worked on it yesterday, finish it today, but it's still too hot/humid. Let us know what you find on issue once you tackle it.

Latest resources

Back