RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
Quick question for those that have the Oasis for a few years. Just checked my overflow (last time was early September). Level was down about an inch from the Cold Line. Added enough fluid (Century, Yellow/green) to get to about 1" above Cold Line. It has drop here to the low 40's but still on heat pump only using Oasis for hot water. Also, first time in our year of ownership I have noticed this drop.

The question I have is if this drop in fluid is something to be concerned about or just the nature of the system.

Think it may be normal but would keep an eye on it. Reservoir has been know to crack and leak.

I see that Amazon has Century TF-1 "heat transfer fluid" for $24.95 a gallon and free Prime shipping. It is the pre-diluted version; just add to the system. Is this what most folks are using? How about the price? I don't find this stuff anywhere locally.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDWQXM2/?tag=rvf01-20

TJ

I see that Amazon has Century TF-1 "heat transfer fluid" for $24.95 a gallon and free Prime shipping. It is the pre-diluted version; just add to the system. Is this what most folks are using? How about the price? I don't find this stuff anywhere locally.

TJ
TJ

That is exactly what I order about 2 years ago at the same price. I still have it and probably have only used about a quart, once the air is out of the system only added a little after pump changes.

Yes that is the correct fluid. I have had add fluid to mine about a year ago and it has stayed level although my use is short trips.

TJ

That is what I ordered and put in my system, couldn't even find it at Camping World

Quick question for those that have the Oasis for a few years. Just checked my overflow (last time was early September). Level was down about an inch from the Cold Line. Added enough fluid (Century, Yellow/green) to get to about 1" above Cold Line. It has drop here to the low 40's but still on heat pump only using Oasis for hot water. Also, first time in our year of ownership I have noticed this drop.

The question I have is if this drop in fluid is something to be concerned about or just the nature of the system.

I think it's normal. I checked mine, it seemed low, I added fluid, it just varies. I stopped chasing it. Now it shows where it should so don't overreact to the level, just monitor and see how it goes. I probably over filled mine and have no idea how it vented it such that it's now in the normal range again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back