• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis questions - no help from ITR

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Second, for anyone who does their own Oasis maintenance, I’d like to know the source you use for the maintenance kits, any tips for making the job as easy and successful as possible, and any “watch outs” to be aware of. So far it looks like the ITR Heat website is the best bet, but pricey.
I get mine off of Amazon which I believe is sourced by Independence RV.

Well I spent $640 through Hydronics Warehouse for a pump and the 5 year maint kit (coach is a 2016 so its time for that anyway). All over priced items IMO, but Im paranoid about the possibility of wrong, poor fit, or poor quality parts, or worse, damaging the thing with some incorrect part or procedure. Like I said, Im a rookie here. And after installing that “retro pump kit“ with 3/4” fittins and adaptors for the 1/2” lines (Oasis tech asked: how’d you like that operation? I didnt...), this time I just decided to toe the company line.

I‘ve read in long threads on Oasis repair and maintenance on “that other forum” that a relatively inexpensive Volkswagen circulation pump works, and Ive seen some inexpensive options in a thread here. Maybe I’ll stock a cheap Chinese pump as a spare (and the one I just spent $295 on is probably from China...) but for now I’m going with name brand. So my total damage, replacing the summer loop pump and performing the 5 year maint. is $640.

Looking at it from that perspective, it doesn't seem quite so wide of the mark, although Im sure I’ll also be in it for 3-4 hours. But it will be another good learning experience and fortunately this time I’ll be doing the work at the “Mother Shop”. I installed the retro kit in NH while preparing to move on to Northern Maine, where a lot of our sites would not have hook-ups, and prefering to have all heat zones working.

ITR went to a new style pump, or pump supplier, which supposedly will last longer. Time will tell. I did my OASIS service annually, I think it's excessive and I'm probably going to go to 3 year intervals now. I do keep a 3 or 5 year kit on hand, can't remember what I have, which essentially is a spare parts system just like I carry a spare water pump. Two things I don't want to be without: water and hot water.

This past summer I had several pumps on the verge of failing as they were making quite a bit of noise. I found replacement pumps at US Solar Pumps for about 1/3 the cost.

The pumps are a direct replacement with the exception that I had to crimp the appropriate spade connectors on the two power wires. The pumps have 1/2” barb fittings and are designed for the same temperature specs.

I also had issues a few years ago where my Oasis system would burn for a few seconds and then cut off. It was also cycling the fan in an abnormal way. I worked with ITR who sent be a replacement controller board which resolved the problem. Not sure exactly what the problem was.

Well I just replaced the summer loop pump as it was intermittent. Pump was the latest and greatest yet only lasted 26 months😡. Calling today to get a replacement so will see what kind of price I have to pay for a spare.

I may try US Solar Pump @flyboy013 suggest. I can crimp on new connector’s for that price

Im hoping its not the board as thats another $400+. We’ll see.....

Well I just replaced the summer loop pump as it was intermittent. Pump was the latest and greatest yet only lasted 26 months😡. Calling today to get a replacement so will see what kind of price I have to pay for a spare.
Id definitely go the US Solar route (wish Id waited another day...). $82 vs $295.....They probably all come out of the same factory

Here’s a picture from a recently acquired US Solar pump. It’s a Topsflo logo. Interested if anyone has a recently acquired ITR pump and whether it has this logo or another on it.

A912A52A-96BC-4442-BA50-4D2A4A9D2683.jpeg

TopsFlo looks to be a large worldwide manufacture of pumps

Original pump I pulled out of our DS built in 9/2019 has the same logo, ITR #20010.

Latest resources

Back