Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Posting this here (General Discussion) in hopes of greater exposure. I now have three questions about these systems and hope someone here knows more baout them than I do. Its a CH50M 34900 series:

First, ‘m only getting hot water when one of the heating zones is on. Doesnt matter if the heat is coming from the burner or electrical. My guess is its a pump, which if correct, must be the “summer loop” (?) pump because both heat zones work, but as I said - its a guess.

I have replaced the zone 1 pump with the 3/4” retro kit available last year during the initial pump shortage, so no problem fixing this IF thats the problem, although from recent comments, it appears the pump shortage is still on, and I dont want to adapt a different pump again. It worked but wasnt easy and there just isnt enough room in there for more hose adapters.

Second, for anyone who does their own Oasis maintenance, I’d like to know the source you use for the maintenance kits, any tips for making the job as easy and successful as possible, and any “watch outs” to be aware of. So far it looks like the ITR Heat website is the best bet, but pricey.

Third, and probably most importantly, my burner will occasionally “short cycle” turning on then off after a few seconds repeatedly, and the only recourse is to go outside and turn the system off and then on again. “Re-set” doesnt have any effect. So.....ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Sorry I don’t have anything for you on the short cycle. As for the hot water situation it sure sounds like the summer loop pump is out. I just received a new pump from ITR a few days ago. Received within 3-4 days of ordering (shipped to California). $250.
I’m surprised they couldn’t help you with your short cycle problem.
As for purchasing maintenance kits etc, I have used both Amazon and ITR. The best advice for repair/service for me has come from You Tube.

They want $295 now for a pump....They probably can help but so far Ive just had no response from them ofher than to acknowlege my email request for info. And I haven’t find a tech or customer service phone number for them. I suppose they dont want to be bothered by customers in need....:mad:

Got a link for that amazon kit?

You might try these guys. No experience but seem to offer OEM parts

They are “currently out of stock” on both the annual ($135) and five year ($349) kits. Id buy a five year if they were in stock. Still looking.....and hoping to find a tech line or customer service phone number....:confused:

@Rich W. don't email ITR, call them. I've spoken with them numerous times, they will walk you through the steps on what to check. Review this thread:

I've been through electrical shorts, a bad pump, a bad relay, and when the pump went it took a fuse with it so don't rule out a fuse in the distribution box.

Call ITR: 800-993-4402

Got some good info and help from Hydronic Heating Warehouse via their chat and then a call from a tech there. More on that later. Just wanted to give them a shout-out! Also spent a bunch of $$ on a new pump (confirmed summer loop pump failure) and a 5 year maint. kit. More on that later too.

Last edited:
Rich - I had similar short cycling three years ago. I sent a video to ITR and they responded with a suggestion to add a ground wire from the brun box to the cover. I added a wire with a couple of ring connectors. Have not had any problems since. I can't explain why it worked - but their solution worked for me. Here's a pic - the arrows point to the connections.
2F0EFC03-F8E0-42D0-88AA-319E29B639AB_1_201_a.jpeg

Ok thats a little weird since theres already continuity there (or should be) when the cover is on, but I’ll try it anyway - can’t hurt. Maybe it just needs a “better” ground. The tech I talked to today said he’s going to look into this for me and get back to me - it will be interesting to see what he says.

He was baffled by the lack of any illuminated fault indicator LEDs and the fact that its igniting and the shutting off (so the ignitor is good and its getting fuel). Also that the re-set doesn't re-set it but turning it off and then on again does, and then it will run for hours.

Also the five year maint kit (mine is a 2016j comes with a digital flame sensor assembly. I’ll do the ground wire first, since I can do that now and see what happens. Either way I’ll install the new sensor when I do the maintenance, but I want to get some testing results out of all this.

Latest resources

Back